12 Best Swing Sets – Wooden Swing Sets for Toddlers and Older kids
- Best Swing Set List
- Swing Sets Reviews
- #1. Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Complete Play Set – (best swing set)
- #2. Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set – (best metal swing set)
- #3. Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set – (best swing set for the money)
- #4. Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set – (best swing sets for toddlers)
- #5. Backyard Discovery Skyfort II – (best wooden swing set)
- #6. Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset – (Amazon’s Best Rated Swing Set)
- #7. Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Set
- #8. Backyard Discovery Somerset All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- #9. Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Cedar Wood Swing Set
- #10. Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set
- #11. Backyard Discovery Tanglewood All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set
- #12. Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger Wooden Swing Set
- Safety Tips for Using Swing Set
Best Swing Sets – Wooden & Metal swing sets for Toddlers and Older Kids:
The swing set is an instant favorite for kids as it offers hours of fun and entertainment. It allows you to create your own small fun world for kids at home. Your search for the best swing sets for toddlers, younger kids and older kids ends here. We will give you some amazing and cool swing sets for the backyard of your house.
Kids are always looking for some activities and the swing set is full of fun activities like swings, slide, climbing etc.. By playing with the swing set, the kids will also have some physical exercise and develop their motor skills. If you have a backyard behind your house then you should buy one of the best swing sets for your kids.
Best Swing Set List
We have conducted a research to know which swing sets are best for toddlers, younger kids, older kids and small yards. We have considered a lot of swing sets available in the market. Out of them, we have shortlisted 12 best swing sets for you which are mentioned as follows:
|Best Swing Set Picture||Best Swing Set Name||Number of Swing|
And Buy Now Link
|01||Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Complete Play Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|02||Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set||3 Swings||Check Price|
|03||Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|04||Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set||1 Swing||Check Price|
|05||Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|06||Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset||2 Swings||Check Price|
|07||Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|08||Backyard Discovery Somerset All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|09||Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Cedar Wood Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|10||Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|11||Backyard Discovery Tanglewood All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
|12||Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger Wooden Swing Set||2 Swings||Check Price|
Swing Sets Reviews
Now, we will discuss each of the above given best swing set reviews in detail. You should go through the detailed reviews to know which swing set (play set) is suitable for your kids and which will fit well in your backyard. Here we provide the best swing sets reviews with their features, pros and cons as follows:
#1. Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Complete Play Set – (best swing set)
• Unique Single Child Glider Swing
• Plastic Cool Wave Slide
• Meets ASTM Safety Standards
• Two Swing Seats with Swing Hangers
• Activity Table with Bench and Awning
Swing-N-Slide Winchester is a wooden swing set with swings, slide and activity table. It comes with a climbing rock wall and picnic table with awning. The rock wall has eight colorful rock holds which are designed for small hands. So the kids can climb the wall to improve their strength.
The Swing-N-Slide is one of the best swing set brands that offers variety of play sets. Winchester is one of the popular swing sets made for 32 square feet area. You should have such large area with flat surface to install Winchester Wood Play Set at your house.
This Swing Set is tested by the company to check its safety while kids are playing around it. It also meets and/or exceeds all ASTM safety standard. It contains two 27-inch long plastic swing seats with belt for kids’ safety and 58-inch zinc plated steel chain with vinyl coating.
The wind rider glider is a great fun for your kids. It can be used by a single child at a time. It is a unique glider swing with plastic hand holds and foot holds. The kid can control the movement of glider swing with pumping movement and it supports the weight up to 115 pounds.
Pros and Cons of Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Complete Play Set:
Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Complete Play Set contains various pros and cons given as under:
- Swing-N-Slide Winchester Wood Play Set has a unique playhouse design with cool wave slide. The playhouse includes windows and wood roof with sunburst gable.
- It has a unique, single child glider swing with plastic handholds and footholds to provide a safe and secure ride to your kid.
- It comes with two long plastic belted swing seats with zinc plated steel chain and vinyl coating. The vinyl coating on chain provides a secure and comfortable grip.
- The Two swing seats and one glider swing are constructed for normal and heavy kids. The maximum weight capacity of these swings is up to 115 pounds.
- The Climbing Rock Wall is useful for the kids to build endurance and strength. This swing set also contains a picnic table which is perfect for snacks and other activities.
- Some customers complain that the wooden rings and handles are affected by mold and deterioration after a few months.
- Some customers complain that the directions provided in user instructions are terrible and less helpful for assembling process.
#2. Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set – (best metal swing set)
• 3 Belt Swings and 9 Feet Wavy Slide
• Soft Rubber Grips on Swing Chains
• Built with All Weather Resistant Material
• Free Standing – No Need of Cement
• Backed by Five Year Limited Warranty
Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure is a heavy duty swing set for kids of all ages. It comes with three belt swings and one trapeze bar with gym rings. In addition, this swing set also includes one fireman’s pole and one 9-inch wavy slide. So it is a complete entertainment package for your kids.
The swing chain of each swing is covered by a rubber grip. It will protect the little fingers of your kids safe from pinching or snagging. The chain clips at the top are also fixed securely so that the kids can enjoy the swing for hours without any fear.
The Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure is one of the best metal swing sets constructed from powder coated galvanized steel and high density polyethylene. The powder coating is weather resistant and rust resistant to protect this swing set from cracking, chipping or peeling due to environmental effects.
The company has not used any lead material in making of this swing set. It is UV resistant which is helpful to retain strength and maintain color in the sunlight. The hard edges of this swing set are rounded or covered with plastic caps to keep it safe for the kids.
Pros and Cons of Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set:
Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- It is made with powder coated galvanized steel and high density polyethylene, No Lead-Based Material. This swing set passes the playground performance and safety standards.
- The Lifetime Monkey Bar Adventure Swing Set is full entertaining set with 3 belt swings, 1 fireman’s pole, 1 trapeze bar with gym rings and 1 nine feet long wavy slide.
- This swing set is free standing, UV resistant and low maintenance. So it does not require cement and it will not crack, warp, peel, rot or splinter in any kind of weather.
- To provide safety to the kids, this swing set has soft rubber grips on swing chains to prevent pinching. Moreover, the hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps.
- It is a low maintenance swing set that does not require painting. This set is designed to meet the playground performance and pass the safety standards.
- Some customers complain that the swing chains get rusted and the swing seats & trapeze handles start fading after several months.
- The steps for going upwards to the ladder can be slippery sometimes. The parents and kids need to be careful to play safely.
#3. Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set – (best swing set for the money)
• Ideal for Kids from 3 to 8 Years
• Made with Heavy Duty Steel Tubes
• Patented Two Person Flying Saucer
• Swing Chains with Adjustable Height
• Powder Coated Paint Finish
Sportspower Super 8 Fun is an outdoor fun play set for kids. This swing set includes two swing seats, one glider, one slide, one flying saucer and one rocking horse. With all these things of entertainment, this swing set can accommodate eight kids at a time.
This swing set offers a great value in outdoor play during whole summer season. The kids will get the exercise and enjoyment simultaneously with various activities. The flying saucer is designed for two persons. The kids can lie down in the saucer and swing at the same time.
The Sportspower Super 8 Fun Swing Set is crafted from the heavy duty steel tubes. In addition, all hardware is protected with a powder coated paint finish. Such high quality and sturdy material makes it the best swing set for the money and ideal for the older kids.
The swing chains are very strong to hold the swing seat while the kids are playing. You can also adjust the height of swing chains as per the kid’s height. This will allow the kids to play with safety and full of enjoyment. This swing set is suitable for medium to large backyards.
Pros and Cons of Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set:
Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- This swing set is made from the 2-inch heavy duty steel tubes. These tubes are weather resistant and protected by powder coasting to provide superior durability.
- It has two blow molded swings with strong chains. These chains are adjustable to make it convenient as per kid’s height and comfort of playing.
- Sportspower Super 8 Fun Metal Swing Set has patented two person flying saucer. The kids can easily sit or lie down in the saucer and they can also swing at the same time.
- It provides two different benefits i.e. (i) Kids will have frequent physical activity and exercise. (ii) Parents remain worry free as the kids are safely playing in their own backyard.
- This is a heavy duty swing set designed to accommodate multiple kids at once. Eight kids can use this swing set and it is capable to hold up to 800 pounds weight at a time.
- Some customers complain that the swing set wiggles after assembling is done. You can use an anchoring set to add more stability to the swing set.
- Some customers complain that the bolts were not threaded correctly and instructions were not included when they received the swing set.
#4. Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set – (best swing sets for toddlers)
• Swing Set for Indoor and Outdoor Play
• Designed for Kids or Infants of 9 to 36 months
• Ideal for Large Room or Any Size Yard
• Powder Coated Steel Construction
• Folds Down for Easy Storage
Sportspower My First Toddler is a simple yet entertaining swing set for little kids. When your child is below 3 years, you need to find a safe swing set for them. This swing set is built with heavy duty steel to provide complete security to the toddler.
The steel construction with powder coating makes it one of the best swing sets for toddlers you have ever seen. The powder coating keeps this swing set safe from corrosion, mold, deterioration and other weather effects to occur throughout its usage life. So this swing set is perfect for use at indoor as well as outdoor places.
The Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set is specially designed for the infants and toddlers. You need to assemble the swing set which will take up to 10 minutes. Thereafter you need to put your toddler into the swing and let the baby enjoy its first swinging.
This is a single seat swing set with seat belts for toddler’s safety. The swing set can be folded down when it is not in use. Moreover, the folded swing set becomes easy to transport which allows you to carry it anywhere. So your toddler will enjoy the swinging at home and even on trips or picnics.
Pros and Cons of Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set:
Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set has a few pros and cons as given below:
- This Swing Set is completely safe for the infants and toddlers. It meets or exceeds ASTM safety standards and includes safety harness on single nursery seat.
- It is made from a lightweight yet sturdy and heavy duty steel construction. The steel is protected by powder coating for durable use in all weather conditions.
- The Sportspower My First Toddler Swing Set is ideal for large room or any size backyard or front yard. It supports the toddler’s weight up to 55 pounds.
- This swing set folds down for easy storage and transport. So you can carry it when you go out with your family and let your toddler enjoy the swing anywhere.
- It is a high quality swing set designed for indoor and outdoor use. The seat belts and shoulder strap increase toddler’s safety and it is ideal to use by the kids of 9 months to 36 months.
- Some customers complain that the harness shoulder strap is not as strong as it should be. If the straps break off, it can be very dangerous.
- Some customers claim that this swing set is not capable to hold the maximum weight (55 pounds) mentioned in its description.
#5. Backyard Discovery Skyfort II – (best wooden swing set)
• High Flying Swings with Seat Belts
• Crow’s Nest with Telescope
• Picnic Table for Snacks and Sand Box
• Rock Climbing Wall and Monkey Bars
• 10 Feet Long Wave Slide
Backyard Discovery Skyfort II is a large, raised clubhouse for the kids of 3 to 10 years. It is made from 100% cedar wood construction with a tight knot structure and a natural resistance to decay, mold and rot. So, this swing set is safe to use in all types of weather conditions.
This is a complete swing set with trimmed windows, a wooden roof and unique bay windows. It also contains one covered upper porch and one sun deck. This is one of the best wooden swing sets with all the adventures and safety standards you expect from a play set.
The Skyfort II swing set includes an elevated crow’s nest which is rarely available in a swing set. The kids can go up to the crow’s nest and see into the telescope to play imaginary games. The telescope will bring out imagination and adventure in your kids.
It includes two belt swings and two glider swings. So these swings can accommodate four kids at a time. A rock climbing wall and monkey bars add more adventure in kids’ play. The kids can also play on the 10 feet wave slide and eat snacks on the picnic table.
Pros and Cons of Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Set:
Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Set has some pros and cons as follows:
- Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Swing Set is made of 100% cedar wood. The cedar wood construction has a tight knot structure and it is resistant to rot, mold and decay.
- It has four high flying swings. Out of them, there are two regular swings with belts and two glider swings to provide swinging fun to the kids.
- It has a flat step ladder that provides a safe climb into the play set. The kids with small feet or large feet can comfortably climb with help of such flat step ladder.
- Assembling of Skyfort II is much easier than other swing sets. The company provides a 3D guided interactive assembly app which is compatible on any Google or Apple Phone.
- The Rock Climbing Wall is a challenging adventure for kids. It encourages their coordination, muscle strength and motor skills.
- As it is a complete wooded swing set with all the fun and adventure, it is also an expensive play set.
- Some customers complain that the wood is not as sturdy as it should be. After a few months, the wood splits into pieces.
#6. Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset – (Amazon’s Best Rated Swing Set)
• Polyethylene and Steel Construction
• Free Standing Playset for Kids of 3-12 Years
• One Trapeze Bar and Two Swings
• Rust Resistant Zinc Coated Chains
• Heavy Duty Roof and Marine Quality Decking
Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset is a fun free standing swing set for kids of 3 to 12 years. It is free standing, so it does not require any cement or anchoring. It is constructed from the high density polyethylene and powder coated steel to provide weather resistance and durability.
This swing set includes one slide, two swings, one trapeze bar, propeller swing and cargo net. It is designed to provide plenty of activities to keep your kids and their friends busy for hours. This is one of the best rated swing sets that is capable to survive in all weather conditions.
The Lifetime A-Frame Swing Set passes playground performance and all safety standards. To provide added safety, the hard edges of the Playset are rounded or covered with plastic caps. In addition, the company has not used any Lead based material in construction of this swing set.
It has three heavy duty molded swings with zinc coated chains. The zinc coating keeps the swing chains safe from rust and other weather effects. The swing chains are covered with rubberized grips to keep the kids’ fingers safe from pinching or snagging.
Pros and Cons of Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset
Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- This Playset is ideal to use for the kids aged from 3 years and 12 years. It will help the kids to develop their physical and psychological strength.
- The Lifetime A-Frame Adventure Playset is a free standing and low maintenance swing set. It does not require cement or painting, you can start using it directly after assembly.
- It includes all the entertainment for kids such as 9 feet wavy slide, activity chalkboard, cargo net, 1 trapeze bar, 2 swings, A-Frame swing bar and clubhouse with hard roof.
- The swing chains are protected with soft rubber grips to provide safety against pinching. The hard edges are rounded or covered with plastic caps to save kids from injuries.
- It also includes a 3D climbing wall to give an adventurous experience to the kids. The swing chains are zinc coated to provide resistance against rust and corrosion.
- Some customers complain that this swing set gets rust after going through a rainy season.
- In comparison of other wooden or metal swing sets, this one is more expensive.
• Roomy Deck with Balcony Railing
• Two Strap Swings with Extension
• Ground Anchors for Added Stability
• Secret Playhouse with Door
• Non Slip Ladder and Holding
Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse is a perfect combination of climber and swing extension. The kids can have fun with this swing set in many ways. They can slip in and out of the secret playhouse on the lower level to plan and play various fun activities.
This swing set includes one climber and two swings. The climber is made of strong material to hold the kids’ weight up to 250 pounds. The two swings are attached to the top frame with a secure steel hook. The swings are provided side by side so that two kids can enjoy the swinging together.
The Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse includes a secret chamber where the kids can come and go. There are two different ways to enter and exit the secret playhouse i.e. i) from the pint sized swinging door and/or ii) crawl through its portal.
This swing set includes two swings, one slide and one secret playhouse. But it does not require much space in your backyard. Therefore it is one of the best swing sets for small yards and for the family with low space in their backyard.
Pros and Cons of Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Set:
Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Set contains various pros and cons given as under:
- It is a completely safe and secure playhouse climber for the kids. It provides the non clip ladder and holdings onto both elongated side hand rails.
- It offers two side by side strap swings to allow two kids play together on swings. There is also a 5.5 feet long wave slide which gives a great fun to younger and older kids.
- The Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber and Swing Set contain a secret playhouse. The kids can use this playhouse to host a tea party and plan treasure hunts.
- The Climber and Swing Extension are made of heavy duty material. The climber is capable to hold 250 pounds weight, while each swing can hold up to 75 pounds.
- The climber has roomy deck and balcony railing which improve the looks of swing set. The kids can stand on the deck and see what’s happening around the yard.
- The Two Swings provided in this swing set don’t have seat belts. The belts are helpful to protect the kids while they are swinging high in the sky.
- Some customers complain that the secret playhouse is too small for the kids. Moreover, there is nothing to play inside that small playhouse.
• Playdeck with A Colorful Canopy
• Two Belt Swings and One Trapeze Swing
• Outdoor Clubhouse with Canvas Roof
• Lower Play Area with Snack Stand
• Solid Rock Climbing Wall
Backyard Discovery Somerset is a perfect yet affordable swing set. It includes all the fun for kids such as belt swings, trapeze swing, slide, climbing wall, playhouse and much more. This is one of the cool swing sets that has a lower play area with a snack stand and a bench for sitting purpose.
This swing set is built with all cedar wood construction for kids of 3 to 10 years. With small, tight knot structure, your lumber will be less likely to develop small cracks emanating from knots. The cedar wood is proven to be highly resistant to rot and natural decay.
This Somerset Swing Set comes with a rock climbing wall. This is more exciting than your average ladder. This wall will stimulate coordination and improve muscle strength of the kids. It has colorful rocks for quick climbing and metal grab handles for safe entry and exit from upper fort.
It has two belt swings and one acrobat bar. The kids can use the belt swings for swinging fun or they can hold the trapeze swing to hang on it. All three swings have enough distance between each other, so three kids can use these swings at the same time and enjoy the swinging.
Pros and Cons of Backyard Discovery Somerset All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set:
Backyard Discovery Somerset All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- The Backyard Discovery Somerset Playset is one of the best swing sets for small yards with a playdeck with a colorful canopy, 2 belt swings, 1 trapeze swing and 1 slide.
- It has a yellow color speedy slide with green wood support on both sides. Your child will enjoy the 8 feet long slide and will safely slide through it.
- It has a snack window and bench right below the upper playdeck. The kids can imagine it as a restaurant and enjoy a snack break there in the afternoon.
- It includes a solid rock climbing wall made of wood. The kid can climb this wall by putting his/her feet on rocks. There are metal handles at the top for easy entry to the upper playdeck.
- This swing set provides three position swing beam. it offers two belt swings and one acrobat bar. The kids can sit and swing on belt swings, while acrobat bar is for hanging and swinging together.
- Some customers complain that this swing set is lightweight, but it’s not strong enough. The wood starts splitting after several months which is not safe.
- The assembly instructions are not clearly described. It may confuse you or consume more time to get it ready for use.
• 100% Premium Cedar Lumber
• High Rail Wave Slide
• Vinyl Chalk Wall and Rock Wall
• Canopied Play Deck
• Holds Up to Seven Kids At Once
Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra is a simple and space saving swing set. It requires a total of 80 square feet area for installation outside your house. This swing set is constructed from premium quality cedar lumber with factory applied, child safe stain.
On the right side, the swing set starts with a high rail wave slide. The kids need to climb the rock wall to reach the play deck from where they can approach the wave slide. The upper play deck also contains a vinyl chalkboard, the kids can write or draw their favorite stuff on that board.
The sandbox is situated right below the upper play deck. You need to fill it with sand so that the kids can play inside the sandbox. The rock wall is quite easy and still adventurous for the kids to climb. At the upper end of the rock wall, the kids will enter into the canopy shaded upper deck.
The Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Swing Set is one of the best swing sets for older kids up to 12 years. It contains two sturdy belt swings which are capable to hold the kids’ weight up to 110 pounds. The kids can enjoy swinging in the fresh air and this is a great idea to let them have some physical exercise for sometime.
Pros and Cons of Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Cedar Wood Swing Set:
Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Cedar Wood Swing Set has a few pros and cons as given below:
- The Big Backyard KidKraft Andorra Cedar Wood Swing Set has a sandbox where the kids can bury dinosaur or other ancient toys and then ask other kids to dig the sand to find them.
- This swing set has a vinyl chalkboard inside the upper play deck. The kids can write or draw on the chalkboard to give a shape to their imagination.
- The Big Backyard has provided a coverage (roof) over the upper play deck. This roof ensures that the kids are in a cool area, safe from the direct sunlight.
- The two swings are designed to provide high flying adventure and a lot of fun. The kids don’t need to wait as there are two swings to accommodate two kids at the same time.
- The high rail wave slide is a great fun for the kids. The kids will enjoy the rock climbing wall to reach the upper deck and then they will come down through the slide.
- Some customers complain that the crew holes are not aligned well which leads to trouble in assembling of the swing set.
- Some customers also complain that the pieces of wood started splitting when they tried to tighten the bolts. The swing set keeps swaying when the kids use the swings.
• Premium, Pre-Cut Lumber Wood Construction
• Made In USA Cool Wave Slide
• Includes All Hardware, Swings and Slide
• Picnic Table with Awning
• Ground Anchors for Added Security
Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set is a ready to assemble swing set for your kids. You can add so much fun in your kids life with this play set. On completion of assembling, this swing set requires a space of 156 inch x 164 inch x 115 inch which you should have in your backyard.
This swing set is constructed from premium quality cedar and pre-cut lumber wood material. After assembling, this set is ready to play and it can accommodate up to 10 children at a time. So your kids and their friends, siblings, all of them can play simultaneously in this swing set.
The Jamboree Fort Play Set comes with two swing seats and one ring trapeze combo bar. The swings are connected to the top frame of the set with steel chain. Each swing is able to hold the kids with maximum weight of up to 115 pounds.
It has a climbing wall with yellow and green rocks with green handles at the top. The kids can climb the wall and hold the handle to enter the deck. Thereafter, the kids can see the world around into the telescope or go down through the cool yellow wave slide.
Pros and Cons of Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set:
Swing-N-Slide WS 8328 Jamboree Fort Play Set has some pros and cons as follows:
- This is one of the best swing sets for the money that includes two swings, wave slide, rock climbing wall, wood roof, trapeze swing and picnic table with awning.
- It is built with all premium cedar and pre-cut lumber to provide durability. It includes all hardware required and complete instructions for assembling of swing set.
- The Swing-N-Slide Jamboree Fort Play Set contains a cool wave slide which is proudly made in the USA. The slide is backed by a lifetime warranty against cracks and breaks.
- This is a heavy duty swing set designed for the kids of 36 months (3 years) to 10 years. Each swing can hold the kids’ weight up to 115 pounds and the slide can hold the weight up to 250 pounds.
- It contains one wooden picnic table with bench for sitting and awning for shade. The picnic table is perfect place for socializing, crafts and snacks.
- Some customers complain that the wood is filmsy and the pieces start splitting as they start to assemble the swing set.
- Some customers also complain that the bolts and nuts don’t go in smoothly which makes the assembling process really tough.
• Heavy Duty Kids Fort with Wood Roof
• Two Standard Belt Swing Sets
• Lower Fort with White Trimmed Windows
• Two Person Swing Set Glider
• Eight Feet Long Playground Slide
Backyard Discovery Tanglewood is a wonderful swing set for the kids. It has a restaurant design at lower level, clubhouse at the upper level, speedy slide, belt swings, glider swing, rock climbing wall and much more. The kids will enjoy each and every game in this play set.
A rock climbing wall is situated right behind the speedy slide. The kids can improve their muscle strength by climbing on the rock wall and then slide down back to the ground. The kids can also hide inside the clubhouse or see what other kids are doing around the swing set.
At lower level of swing set, it has a snack window with an integrated bench. One or two kids can sit on the bench and one kid can get inside the snack window to play an imaginative restaurant game. The snack window and bench are also useful for an afternoon juice break.
For easy and secure assembling of swing set, the Backyard Discovery has included patented Safe-T-Fuse hardware. It has a laminated swing beam with strong steel shell clam brackets. So the kids will always have a safe swinging experience.
Pros and Cons of Backyard Discovery Tanglewood All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set:
Backyard Discovery Tanglewood All Cedar Wood Playset Swing Set has a few pros and cons as follows:
- The Snack Window allows the kids to play an imaginative restaurant game or simply enjoy an afternoon juice break at the snack window and sit on the integrated bench.
- It has two belt swings, one for each person and a two person swing set glider. All three swings have feet stand to support kids’ feet while they are swinging in the air.
- The Tanglewood Swing Set has a clubhouse at the upper level. The kids can reach there by climbing the rock wall and use it as social club or secret hideout.
- It has an 8 feet long speedy slide that starts from the upper deck and ends on the ground. This playground slide offers a safe yet enjoyable experience to the kids.
- This Backyard Discovery Swing Set is constructed as per the safety standards of ASTM. It provides surety that your kids and their friends are safe while playing around this swing set.
- Assembling of this swing set takes so much time. With two moderated skilled persons, this swing set gets assembled in 18 to 24 hours.
- Some customers complain that this swing sets sways a lot when the kids are using the belt swings and/or glider swing.
• Two Swing Seats and One Trapeze Swing
• Versatile Ranger Wooden Swing Set
• All Premium, Pre-Cut Cedar Lumber
• Classic A-Frame Design
• Easy to Install and Maintain
Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger is a classic swing set designed for use in residential backyard. It has a small yet versatile design that includes two belt swings and one trapeze swing. So, it does not require much space which make is one of the best swing sets for small yards with limited area.
The classic design of this swing set includes all premium, pre-cut cedar lumber (wood) material. It also includes all the hardware, swings and chains required for the assembling process. You can easily assemble the swing set with help of its simple instructions with full illustrations.
The Ranger Swing Set comes in A-Frame Design with three swings. It has two belt swings, each swing is situated at each end of the swing set. It also contains one trapeze swing with rings, the kids can hang on this swing to show their inner acrobat and enjoy the game.
This swing set comes with a simple swing beam A-Frame design. This design allows you to switch out swings at anytime. It also allows you to upgrade the swing set with a toddler swing or bench swing. You can buy the extra swings to upgrade this swing set as per your needs.
Pros and Cons of Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger Wooden Swing Set:
Swing-N-Slide PB 8360 Ranger Wooden Swing Set contains several pros and cons given as under:
- It has two belt swings on each side of the swing set. The swing chains are plastisol coated to prevent pinched fingers while kids are swinging and holding the chains.
- It has simple A-Frame swing beam design which lets you upgrade the belt swing to a toddler swing or bench swing to use the swing set for a toddler instead of an older kid.
- At the middle of the swing set, there is a trapeze swing with gym rings. This swing is useful for the kids who want to improve their muscles by hanging and swinging on it.
- The Swing-N-Slide Ranger Swing Set includes all hardware required for the assembly. It also provides complete instructions to make the assembling process easier for you.
- This swing set is made by considering all ASTM safety standards for backyard residential use.
- This swing set does not include any slide or a rock climbing wall. The kids will definitely going to miss such interesting games.
- Some customers complain that the assembling process is hard, because the holes for nut-bolts are not lined up properly.
Safety Tips for Using Swing Set
The swing set is a tool of entertainment and fun for the kids. The kids spend many hours around the swing set, therefore it is important to teach them play in a safe way. Here we provide some safety tips to use swing set for the kids and parents.
The first step towards kids’ safety is proper assembling of the swing set. You should check the quality of parts and hardware provided by the manufacturer. Moreover, you need to go through the assembly instructions and seek experts’ help if required.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you must install the swing set on the ground with flat surface. If the surface is unstable, the swing set will sway while the kids are swinging. This is not safe for the kids.
It always requires at least two skilled persons for proper assembly of the swing set, so you should not try to assemble it alone. It may appear easy on the instruction paper, but it will become difficult when you attempt to assemble the whole swing set on the ground.
Clean Space Around:
The area around the swing set should be completely clean and clear. You should check if there are small stones, concrete, dust or anything harmful for the kids. If you find any of such things then you have to remove it and clean the area to make it comfortable for the kids.
Train The Kids:
The swing set is designed to provide so much fun and enjoyment to kids. But it is important to train the kids on how to play with the swing set otherwise it may give them injuries. You should give proper training to your kids about the use of swing, slide, trapeze swing, climbing wall and other equipment.
The kids need to understand how to play on the swing set and remain safe from any accidental injury. Once the kids are trained, they know the dos and don’ts of the swing set. So they will play around in a safer way than earlier.
What To Wear:
The dressing of kids play an important role when they are on the swing set. You should dress your kids with perfect fit clothes which are neither too loose nor too tight on them. The kids often fall from the step ladder because of loose clothes. The fit dress will keep the kids safe from such unexpected injuries.
Draw Border Lines:
You may not know that the area nearby the swing set is not safe when the kids are playing on it. When one kid is swinging, the other kid must not walk in front or back of that swing. You should draw the border lines in all four directions of the swing set.
The border lines are helpful to warn the kids about their safety. You can use the white powder or thick chalk to draw the square border line around the swing set. You should also explain the kids about this border lines so that they keep this in mind while playing around.
Use Zone Boards:
You should make several boards with wooden or metal stands. You need to write down “Safe Zone” and “Unsafe Zone” on these boards. When the boards are installed at the intended area, the kids can read them and save themselves from an accident caused by walking in unsafe zone. You should also teach the kids that they should stay away from the unsafe zone every time they play on the swing set.
Keep An Eye On Kids:
You have already given proper training to the kids and drew the border line. But you know that some kids are naughty and others are adventurous. So the kids always want to experiment something new while playing any outdoor game. Therefore you should keep an eye on the kids when they are playing on the swing set. If multiple kids are playing, there should be at least one adult person to supervise and guide them to stay safe and play in a right manner.
Weekly Check Swing Set:
You must buy the best quality swing set for your kids. The swing set should be assembled properly so that the kids feel safe while playing on it. In addition, you should check the swing set once in a week to know if any part of it is damaged and needs repairing or replacement. If it is so, you should immediately repair the swing set and don’t let the kids touch the swing set before it is ready to use again.
All the information mentioned above about the Best Swing Sets Reviews is true and fair. The features and other details of each best swing set review are taken from the advertisement published by the seller. In case you have more queries about best swing sets brands or best rated swing sets then you need to visit the Official Amazon Website at Www.Amazon.Com.