Top 10 Best PEX Crimp Tool – [2020 Reviews]
- Our Top 3 Picks – Best PEX Crimp Tool
- 10 Best PEX Crimp Tools Reviews
- #1. IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool – (best Crimp tool)
- #2. IWISS KG1096 PEX Cinch Clamp Tool
- #3. Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool
- #4. SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter
- #5. iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool with Removing Function
- #6. IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit
- #7. IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W PEX Pipe Crimping Tool
- #8. Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K Multi Head Crimp Tool Kit
- #9. IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit
- #10. SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool
- Best PEX Crimp Tool Comparison Chart
The PEX Pipes are best alternatives to the old copper pipes. You should use the best PEX crimp tool to cut the PEX tube and connect it to the fittings. The PEX Pipes remain free from corrosion and other infections. It keeps your plumbing stronger and long lasting.
The PEX pipe you purchase does not come in ready to install condition. You need to cut and crimp it to proper installation. In order to crimp the PEX pipe, you have to use an effective PEX crimp tool to secure it with the clamps.
Some PEX Crimp Tools come with a few pieces of PEX clamps. You can use these clamps to secure the PEX pipe for each connection in your house. The best PEX crimping tool is quite easy to operate but it requires a bit of skill and technique to use it on different size PEX pipes.
Our Top 3 Picks – Best PEX Crimp Tool
The PEX Crimp Tool is made to improve the holding efficiency of PEX pipes. We have seen a huge variety of crimping and cinching tools to find some best PEX crimp tools for you. In order to save your time, we have made a table of our top picks for PEX Crimp Tools. You should go through table below to get your suitable crimp tool with or without steel clamps or copper rings.
|IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool||Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool||iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool with Removing Function|
|Clamps/Rings Sizes||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||from 3/8-inch to 1-inch|
Includes Clamps or Rings?
|No. of Clamps or Rings Included|
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
|Buy Now Link|
10 Best PEX Crimp Tools Reviews
Here we provide the best PEX crimp tools reviews in detail. We will discuss all special features and clamps compatibility details about each PEX crimping tool. You should go through these reviews to get your desired PEX crimp tool and use it for crimping various PEX pipes.
#1. IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool – (best Crimp tool)
• Meet ASTM F-2098 Standards
• Compatible with Various Clamp Sizes
• Capable to Handle Up to 1-Inch Clamps
• Include Ratchet Safety Function
IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool is one of the most reliable tools for crimping PEX tubes. It is designed for crimping various size clamps including 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch. So this is a versatile tool that fits most common clamp size for cinching purposes.
The IWISS company offers two options for you to buy this crimp tool. You can select a single crimping tool or a tool with 30 pieces of clamps. It is better to select this best PEX crimp tool with clamps. The clamps are made of stainless steel and will be useful for you in cinching and crimping the PEX pipes in your house.
This IWISS PEX Crimping Tool comes with 20 pieces of 1/2-inch PEX clamps and 10 pieces of 3/4-inch PEX clamps. It does not mean that it works with these two clamps only. It is a universal crimping tool that works with all kinds of PEX clamps except the Zurn clamps.
Pros and Cons IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool:
IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool contains various pros and cons given as under:
- The IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Crimp Tool includes 20 pieces of half inch PEX clamps and 10 pieces of 3/4-inch PEX clamps which will allow you to use them on cinching relevant PEX pipes.
- This is a universal fit crimping and cinching tool that offers complete compatibility with most brands PEX clamps. So you will be able to use this crimp tool with almost all types of clamps.
- The PEX clamps included with this cinching tool are made from the high end, heavy duty stainless steel. So the clamps are strong enough to hold the PEX pipes on their connection.
- It is a factory adjusted tool that does not require manual adjustment, so you can start using it immediately after receiving it. The company has also tested this tool for quality check purpose.
- Some customers complain that sometimes this tool require more force for crimping the PEX pipes.
- This crimping tools is compatible with all types and brands of clamps except Zurn Clamps.
• Designed to Fit All PEX Cinch Clamps
• Includes 1/2-Inch and 3/4-Inch Clamps
• Stainless Steel Clamps for Better Holding
• Supports Ratcheting Action
IWISS KG1096 is a versatile crimping tool for multiple PEX clamps. Whether you want to cinch the smallest 3/8-inch clamp or the biggest 1-inch clamp, this PEX crimp tool is compatible for that. It is a powerful cinch clamp tool with ratcheting action to perform proper fitting every time.
The handle of this tool is protected with rubberized grip. This rubber grip provides better holding experience while you are crimping the PEX pipe or tube to secure it at a certain place. The rubber coated handle is 20 percent longer to offer great stability and save your hands from the rough touch of steel or metal.
This is the Best IWISS PEX Crimp Tool which is factory adjusted and engineered for perfect crimping. It does not require any additional or manual calibration. This cinching clamp tool is resistant to stretching, so you will not need to readjust or re-calibrate at any point of time in future.
Pros and Cons IWISS KG1096 PEX Cinch Clamp Tool:
IWISS KG1096 PEX Cinch Clamp Tool comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- This Cinch Clamp Tool is available as a single crimp tool and also with 30 pieces of stainless steel clamps. It offers you the option to buy tool only or with the PEX clamps as you wish for.
- The IWISS KG1096 PEX Crimp Tool has a premium quality rubber coated handle to provide perfect grip to the user. The rubber handle is longer than other crimp tools for enhanced stability.
- This PEX Crimping Tool is already well adjusted and calibrated by its factory i.e. manufacturer. So you don’t need to adjust or calibrate it again, just start using it on the PEX pipes in your house.
- The Calibration Gauge function is very useful for you. It helps you to know if the clamp size is compatible with this tool for PEX crimping or not. It also saves your time and efforts.
- If you need to use the Zurn Quick Clamps for crimping then know that this PEX crimp tool does not support it.
- Some customers complain that it causes wrist pain when they try to crimp large size clamps on the PEX pipes.
• Compatible with Various PEX Pinch Clamps
• Meet All Standards of ASTM F-1807
• Support All Size Clamps from 3/8 to 1-Inch
• Made from Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool is a powerful tool for crimping variety of PEX pipes. It is constructed from the stainless steel material and the handle is covered by a thick rubberized grip. This PEX crimp tool is made for long lasting use for crimping with multi-size clamps.
This crimping tool is compatible with Oetiker pex, Apollo pex and Murray pex clamps. In order to crimp 3/8-inch and 3/4-inch PEX pipes, you should use the same size clamps from Apollo pex or Murray pex. On the other hand, all clamps from Oetiker pex are supported by this Apollo PEX Pinch Clamp Tool.
You don’t need to worry about the safety while using this tool for crimping the PEX pipes and tubes. Because this Apollo PEX Crimp Tool is designed according to the safety standards of ASTM F-1807. The go or no-go crimp gauge indicates you in advance about the compatibility of the clamp for crimping task.
Pros and Cons Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool:
Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool has some pros and cons as follows:
- This PEX Crimp Tool is made of high quality stainless steel and it offers five year limited warranty. Still the price of this tool is very reasonable as well as affordable for you.
- The Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Pinch Clamp Tool is compatible with all clamps of Oetiker pex and 3/8 to 3/4-inch clamps of Apollo pex or Murray pex brands.
- It is made with a strong body and grip handle still it is lightweight enough to hold in one hand. This crimp tool weighs only 1.5 pound, so you won’t get tired even after holding it for hours.
- It supports most quick cinch clamps from all brands and all sizes from 3/8-inch to 1-inch. With help of wrench, you can change the jaw to ultimately adjust the crimping force.
- This Apollo PEX Crimp Tool is compatible with most clamps, but not with the Zurn brand. If you have Zurn Quick Clamp Crimp Rings then this tool won’t work for you.
- Some customers complain that this pinch clamp tool does not work with Apollo 1-inch Cinch Clamps. It is strange as the tool itself is made by Apollo.
• For Clean and Straight PEX Tubing Cuts
• Simple Push to Connect System
• Designed for Leak Free Connection
• Proudly Made In The USA
SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter is an essential tool to use in the SharkBite connection system. You can use this tubing cutter tool for cutting 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch PEX tubing. Its compact design allows you to use this tool in any tight space without any trouble.
The SharkBite PEX Pipes are very popular and durable in use. This cutter tool is designed to make clean and straight cuts on the PEX tubes. This PEX tubing cutter tool is engineered to fit any size PEX pipe or tube with its auto adjustment function.
You can make a SharkBite push to connect system in three simple steps process. Firstly, you need to cut the PEX tubing with this cutter, then you should confirm the integral tube support liner in place and finally insert the tube into fitting to confirm pointed end of the pattern.
Pros and Cons SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter:
SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter contains various pros and cons given as under:
- SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter is a compact design tool. It is designed for ease of use in tight space. You will never need to rotate this cutter while using it to cut the PEX pipes and tubes.
- It is very easy to operate in three simple steps: I) place the PEX tubing inside the cutter, II) squeeze the tool on PEX tube to adjust it as per tube dimensions and III) push the handle to cut it.
- It is capable to cut the PEX pipes and tubes of all sizes including 1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch. So you can use this cutter on all kinds and sizes of PEX tubes.
- This versatile cutter is designed to make clean, straight cuts on SharkBite PEX Pipe. You will not need any glue, solder, solvent or any harmful chemical to complete this connection process.
- Some customers complain that it starts crushing the PEX pipes after a few successful cuts.
• Work with All Clamp Sizes and Types
• Multi-functional Tool In New Design
• PEX Connections from 3/8-Inch to 1-Inch
• Made of Durable, High Quality Steel
iCrimp Ratchet is a combo pack of PEX Clamp Cinch and Remove Tool. So it allows you to crimp various size clamps on your PEX pipe and also provide a PEX tube cutter. The cutter adds more functionality and precision in your PEX pipe connecting process.
This cinch clamp tool works with any stainless steel clamp from all brands manufacturers. You can crimp the clamps ranging from 3/8-inch to maximum 1-inch on the PEX pipes. In addition, you can use this tool for cinching single ear hose clamp as long as the opening range of jaws.
It is a multi-function tool that lets you cinch clamps on PEX pipe and also remove the clamp from pipe. The remove function is not available with other PEX crimp tools. This function is very useful when you want to remove clamp and reuse the pipe fittings.
Pros and Cons iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool with Removing Function:
iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool with Removing Function has some pros and cons as follows:
- The iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool works with stainless steel clamps made by any brand in the market. It is designed to make PEX connections in an easier and faster way.
- It is designed to work with all types and sizes of clamps from 3/8-inch to 1-inch. You can also use it for cinching single ear hose clamp up to ear’s length & width within opening range of the jaws.
- This PEX crimp, cinch tool is constructed with durable, high quality stainless steel with forging process to ensure integrated mechanical property and long usage life.
- The inside of the jaw is processed with Wire EDM cutting to enhance accuracy. The ratcheting design and self release mechanism make the cinching process effortless for the user.
- This PEX Crimp Tool is compatible with all stainless steel clamps, but not with the copper clamps.
• Compatible with 3/8 to 1-Inch Clamps
• Comfort Grips to Minimize Fatigue
• Perfectly Polished Press Jaws
• Easy to Carry and Work In Tight Space
IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit is designed to fasten PEX pipe to brass or poly fittings using copper crimp rings. It comes with Go or No Go Crimp Gauge. This gauge helps you to know which clamp is suitable and which one is not with this PEX crimp tool.
It is built with a lightweight carry on design and rigid production process standardization. The innovation by IWISS makes this crimp tool more reliable than others. It comes with one wrench which is useful to change the jaw of the clamp cinching tool as per your crimping task requirement.
The solid build quality and heavy duty hardware make this an ideal PEX crimping tool. First of all, cut off the PEX tubing square and remove burrs, if any. Then insert fitting into end of tubing until it stops. Slide crimp ring and position it well on PEX pipe. Finally, use the crimping tool to fix the ring on PEX pipe and complete the task.
Pros and Cons IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit:
IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- It is a combined pack of PEX Pipe Crimping Tool with built-in 1-inch jaw and three additional press jaws. The package also includes one gauge, ring removal tool and PEX cutter.
- The IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool is compatible with all PEX clamps from 3/8-inch to 1-inch sizes. You can change the jaw according to your cinching needs on a variety of PEX pipes.
- The interchangeable jaws make it easier for you to cinch any size PEX tube without any hassle. The Go or No-Go Gauge is useful to check for proper crimping based on relevant clamp size.
- This tool kit is available in two length options as long type tool kit and short type tool kit. If you want more crimping length then select long type tool to do your work with perfection.
- Some customers have received this crimping tool with missing parts.
- The customers complain that the jaws are required to be adjusted frequently.
• Crimping Tool for 1/2-Inch and 3/4-Inch
• Made from High Quality Stainless Steel
• Smart Design for Tight Connection
• Well Polished Jaws for Enhanced Performance
IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W PEX Pipe Crimping Tool is crafted as per ASTM F-1807 standards. This crimping tool is available in various clamp size options. You can buy a combo tool for multiple clamps support or buy a single crimping tool for your targeted clamp size.
This combo crimping tool is designed for 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch clamps. It also includes 10 pieces of 3/4-inch copper rings and 20 pieces of 1/2-inch copper rings. This PEX crimp tool is different than the tools which are compatible with steel clamps as it come with copper rings.
The IWISS Angle Head Crimping Tool has two integrated jaws. These jaws are well polished to cinch 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch clamps on PEX pipes. The jaws are designed for crimping without doing any damage to the copper rings. Its smart design helps you to reach into tight connection.
Pros and Cons IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W PEX Pipe Crimping Tool:
IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W PEX Pipe Crimping Tool has a few pros and cons as given below:
- The IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W is a combined tool kit for 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch copper rings. The kit includes PEX crimp tool, PEX cutter, copper rings and Go/ No-Go Gauge.
- It is a high quality PEX crimp tool made with smart design to make the pipe installation process easier. The smart design allows you to reach any tight area and perform perfect crimping every time.
- This PEX crimping tool comes with well polished jaws which work perfectly. These jaws don’t damage the copper rings and provide a secure & reliable PEX pipe connection.
- It has Go or No-Go Gauge, you can check proper crimping by using this gauge. It also includes PEX cutter that helps you to cut the PEX pipes as per your requirement.
- Some customers complain that this PEX crimp tool does not open as widely as it should.
- The customers also claim that this tool requires more energy and efforts for the crimping task.
• Lightweight PEX Pipe Crimp Tool
• Support Multi Head Operation
• Includes Four Interchangeable Jaws
• Adjustable Wrench for Easy of Use
Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K is a complete kit with multiple jaws and a wrench. This crimp tool kit includes four interchangeable jaws for cinching different clamps on PEX pipes. With help of different jaws, you can use this tool for crimping 3/8-inch to 1-inch clamps.
You should use the concerned jaw to crimp its relevant clamp on PEX pipes. There is no need to adjust the PEX crimp tool. It comes as factory adjusted and calibrated at the time of manufacturing. You don’t need to calibrate it now or at anytime after using it for many years.
This Apollo PEX Crimp Tool Kit also includes a wrench and a gauge. You need to use the wrench whenever you want to change a jaw in the crimping tool. After the PEX crimping task is over, you can check if it is proper or not with help of its Go or No-Go Gauge.
Pros and Cons of Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K Multi Head Crimp Tool Kit:
Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K Multi Head Crimp Tool Kit has a few pros and cons as given below:
- This is a cost saving PEX crimp tool that comes with four different size jaws. It means you can use this single tool with all the clamps/rings including 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch.
- This crimping tool contains a wrench to offer quick change of jaws as per user’s requirement. You don’t need any extra tool for changing the jaw in this cinch clamp tool.
- The Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K Multi Head Crimp Tool is a factory adjusted tool for crimping PEX pipes or tubes. It does not require any additional adjustment or calibration.
- Some customers claim that this tool was set at “0” by factory, still it fails No-Go Test on 1/2-inch crimps.
• Made As Per ASTM F-1807 Standards
• Less Distance than Older Crimp Tools
• High Quality Carbon Steel Construction
• 2.65 Pounds: Lightweight Crimp Tool
IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit is a combo pack of crimp tool and PEX cutter. You can use the cutter to perform a square cut on the PEX pipe and then do crimping on it. This crimp tool weighs only 2.65 pounds, so it is easy to hold with one hand for hours without fatigue.
This crimp tool is made from the high quality carbon steel material. It provides consistently good performance and long lasting use for crimping PEX tubes with clamps or rings. The size of the PEX crimp tool is also reduced compared to older models. It works better when distance is less.
This IWISS PEX Crimp Tool is lightweight, but it provides same pressure. You don’t need to put additional pressure or efforts for crimping PEX pipe to secure it with clamps. It includes one 1-inch crimper and three interchangeable jaw sets.
Pros and Cons IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit:
IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- This PEX Crimp Tool is designed to securely join the PEX pipes to brass or poly fittings. You need to use the copper crimp rings and compress it to fasten the PEX pipe with concerned fitting.
- The 1-inch crimper is built-in with the crimp tool. It also supports three jaw sets including 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch to crimp relevant PEX pipes with copper rings.
- The IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit is lightweight and comfortable to hold. The crimp tool weighs only 2.65 pounds, while the whole kit weighs 4.6 pounds.
- It is constructed from heavy duty carbon steel. It offers crimping force adjustability settings to let you adjust the force required for various crimping tasks.
- Some customers complain that the crimping dies don’t stay on place for small rings.
• Connect Copper, PEX, CPVC, and PE-RT Pipe
• Ideal for 1/2-Inch and 3/4-Inch Rings/Clamps
• No Need of Glue, Solvent or Other Chemical
• Include Go or No-Go Gauge
SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool is a compact tool made in the USA. It supports crimping with two different size copper rings. With help of this tool and 1/2-inch or 3/4-inch rings, you can create a secure connection of PEX tubing with SharkBite crimp rings.
With more than 3 pounds weight, it seems a bit heavier tool. However, you won’t feel much weight when you actually hold this PEX crimp tool in your hand. You can easily operate this tool with one hand and use the steel or copper rings to crimp the SharkBite quick connect fittings on PEX pipes.
The crimping process is quite easy with this tool. You will need a PEX cutter to cut the PEX pipe before you insert SharkBite fitting and crimp it with the SharkBite rings. This PEX Crimp Tool is pre-adjusted, so it does not require any additional adjustment before you start using it.
Pros and Cons SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool:
SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- The SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool comes with two inbuilt size options. You can use this tool for crimping 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch SharkBite rings on PEX Pipes with SharkBite Fittings.
- It includes one PEX crimp tool and one Go/ No-Go Gauge. The gauge is useful to check if the pipe connection is secure after the crimping process is over.
- In order to offer firm holding, this crimping tool is made a bit heavy in weight. In addition, the thick orange color grip also helps you to hold the tool longer for multiple crimping tasks.
- It has two heads of 1/2-inch and 3/4-inch, so this tool misses 3/8-inch and 1-inch sizes.
- Some customers claim that it is larger than it appears in picture and therefore it is difficult to crimp with this tool in tight spaces.
Best PEX Crimp Tool Comparison Chart
|PEX Crimp Tool Name||PEX Crimp Tool Picture||Compatible Clamps/Rings Sizes||Includes|
Clamps or Rings?
|No. of Clamps or Rings Included||Additional Tools||Includes Go or No-Go Gauge?|
|IWISS FBA_Iwi-5581 PEX Pipe Clamp Cinch Tool||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||YES|
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
|IWISS KG1096 PEX Cinch Clamp Tool||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 5/8-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||YES|
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
|Apollo PEX 69PTKG1096 Stainless Steel Pinch Clamp Tool||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||NO||Not Applicable||NO||Not Mentioned|
|SharkBite U701 PEX Tubing Cutter||1/4-inch, 3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||NO||Not Applicable||NO||Not Mentioned|
|iCrimp Ratchet PEX Cinch Tool with Removing Function||from 3/8-inch to 1-inch||YES|
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
|PEX Cutter||Not Mentioned|
|IWISS PEX Pipe Crimping Tool Kit||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||NO||Not Applicable|
Ring Removal Tool
|IWISS Angle Head IWS-1234W PEX Pipe Crimping Tool||1/2-inch and 3/4-inch||YES|
20 Pieces ½-Inch
10 Pieces ¾-Inch
|Apollo PEX 69PTKH0015K Multi Head Crimp Tool Kit||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||NO||Not Applicable||NO||YES|
|IWISS IWS-3801SH Pex Pipe Crimping Tool kit||3/8-inch, 1/2-inch, 3/4-inch and 1-inch||NO||Not Applicable||PEX Cutter||YES|
|SharkBite 23251 PEX Crimping Tool||1/2-inch and 3/4-inch||NO||Not Applicable||NO||YES|
All the information given above about top 10 best PEX crimp tools is true and fair. The crimp tools are used with copper rings or steel clamps to make a secure connection between PEX pipes/tubes and fittings. We have considered manufacturer’s advertisement and some reviews to describe each crimp tool. If you have further queries, you should go to Official Amazon Website at Www.Amazon.Com.