The era of hacksaw and handsaw does not exist in present time. Everybody prefer to use a bets jigsaw for their woodworking project. The Jigsaw is a power tool used for cutting a variety of materials including wood, plywood, plastic, steel, hardwood, metal and others.
The Electric Jigsaw Tools are available in two main types i.e. corded electric jigsaw and cordless jigsaw. The corded jigsaw is powered by the AC power supply line of your house, while the cordless jigsaw is powered by the Lithium Ion Battery.
The Jigsaw is much more effective tool than a hacksaw or handsaw. It comes with orbital action cut control, variable speed control, lock-on button, acceleration trigger, key-less blade change clamp and many other exciting functions you can expect from the best woodworking jigsaw in your workshop.
The Jigsaw is useful for both the users i.e. a professional and a woodwork enthusiast at home. If you are a professional then you need to buy a heavy duty best jigsaw tool to perform your day-to-day cutting work. So, it is important to check different jigsaw tools before you decide to buy one for yourself. Here we provide the list of 10 best woodworking jigsaw tools as follows:
10 Best Jigsaw List
|Best Jigsaw Picture||Best Jigsaw Name||
Speed Range in SPM
(Strokes Per Minute)
|01||BLACK+DECKER Smart Select Jig Saw||Up to 3000 SPM||Check Price|
|02||DEWALT DCS331B 20V Jig Saw||Up to 3000 SPM||Check Price|
|03||PORTER CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw||From 0 to 3200 SPM||Check Price|
|04||DEWALT Bare Tool 18-Volt Cordless Jig Saw||From 0 to 3000 SPM||Check Price|
|05||Bosch Corded Top Handle Jigsaw||From 500 to 3100 SPM||Check Price|
|06||TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp Variable Speed Jigsaw||Up to 3000 SPM||Check Price|
|07||Bosch Variable Speed Barrel-Grip Jig Saw||From 500 to 3100 SPM||Check Price|
|08||SKIL Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw||Up to 3000 SPM||Check Price|
|09||DEWALT 6A Top Handle Jig Saw||From 500 to 3100 SPM||Check Price|
|10||Makita 4329K Top Handle Jig Saw||From 500 to 3100 SPM||Check Price|
Best Jigsaws Reviews
Now, we will explain detailed reviews of each jigsaw mentioned above. You should go through the top 10 jigsaw reviews below to know their exciting features and benefits. These reviews will help you to get your desired best jigsaw for the money to perform the wood cutting jobs.
#1. BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C – (best jigsaw for the money)
• Curve Control Technology
• 5.0 Amp Variable Speed Motor
• Adjustable Shoe for Stability
• Wire Guard for Precise Cutting
• Support 45 Degree Angled Cuts
BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C Smart Select is a sturdy jigsaw with new and improved design. This jigsaw is engineered to provide complete convenience for cutting a variety of materials with ease. You can customize the jigsaw as per your requirement to cut the wood or other material time to time.
The 5.0 Amp motor is powerful enough to make the cutting task easier and faster. The motor supports variable speed control function that allows you to keep control on the speed of jigsaw while cutting any material. When you set the motor speed at maximum, it provides up to 3000 SPM of cutting power.
The Black + Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw provides curve control technology with 1 to 4 customized settings. You can set the setting level so as to cut the wood straight to curved as per your project requirement and achieve your desired cutting results.
The Wire Guard provides a clear line of sight which is helpful to make your cutting more accurate. With help of this best jigsaw tool, you can perform bevel cuts of up to 45 degrees. It also has an adjustable shoe for a stable cutting platform.
Pros and Cons of BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C Smart Select Jig Saw:
BLACK+DECKER BDEJS600C Smart Select Jig Saw has some pros and cons as follows:
- This is the best jigsaw for the money as it is made by the Black + Decker, it provides various cutting modes and still, it is available at a very affordable price.
- The Black + Decker BDEJS600C Jig Saw is built with the Curve Control Technology that allows you to adjust the saw’s orbit from 1 to 4 customized settings as per your cutting needs.
- It contains an adjustable shoe that provides a stable cutting platform and it also has a new & improved wire guard that provides a clear line of slight for precise cuts.
- It has a powerful 5.0 Amp Motor with variable speed control settings. You can control the speed of motor and jigsaw from minimum to 3000 SPM as maximum cutting power.
- This jigsaw is capable to perform angled cuts up to 45 degrees. Furthermore, It has a dust blower and key-less blade clamp that allows you to change the blade without any tools.
- This is one of the best woodworking jigsaw tools with multiple functions, but it is not a cordless jigsaw. It requires the cord connected to the power socket throughout the cutting work.
- Some customers complain that the black lock of this jigsaw becomes loose and cannot hold U-Shank blades. It does not have the speed dial to lock the variable speed trigger.
#2. DEWALT DCS331B 20V Max – (best jigsaw)
• Support 4 Position Orbital Action
• Battery Operated Jigsaw Tool
• Various Bevel Settings Up to 45 Degrees
• Sturdy and Durable Metal Construction
• Over-molded Rubberized Handle
DEWALT DCS331B is the best cordless jigsaw for a smooth and clean cutting performance. It is designed by the DEWALT company for the people who want to do the wireless wood cutting work. Whether you are a professional or a semiskilled person, this cordless jigsaw is a great choice for you.
This jigsaw is made with high quality materials and it supports the T-Shank blades. It requires a 20-volt battery to start working and cut the woodwork efficiently. It has a level action key-less blade clamp, so you don’t need to use mechanical tools for changing blade in your jigsaw.
If you are looking for the Best DEWALT Jigsaw with long lasting warranty then the DCS331B is an ideal jigsaw for you. The manufacturer provides 3 year limited warranty, so you will get a good customer service from DEWALT if your cordless jigsaw gets into any issue within 3 years of purchase.
Even if this jigsaw is cordless, it is very powerful for the wood cutting task. It has a 20-volt power and is capable to cut the wood and other materials at the speed of up to 3000 SPM. It accepts the T-Shank blades which are known for their optimal holding power to cut the material with perfection.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT DCS331B 20V Max Jig Saw:
DEWALT DCS331B 20V Max Jig Saw contains various pros and cons given as under:
- The DEWALT DCS331B Jigsaw is a whole metal construction to offer maximum durability. In addition, the company provides 3 year limited warranty on this cordless jigsaw model.
- It is one of the best cordless jigsaw tools which is operated by a 20-bolt battery and is able to perform the wood cutting action at the speed of up to 3000 SPM.
- It comes with an adjustable and key-less shoe level. You need to set the shoe level at 0 degree, 15 degree, 30 degree or 45 degree as per your project requirement.
- This jigsaw is known for its smooth and clean cuts to provide professional results. With a variable speed control trigger, you can cut the wood straight by a 1-inch stroke length.
- The handle of jigsaw is overmolded and rubberized. It is designed to provide perfect gripping to help you cut the wood with complete accuracy.
- The battery and charger are not included with the jigsaw. If you buy it with battery, it costs more and some customers claim that the jigsaw becomes heavy when the battery is attached to it.
- As this is a battery operated jigsaw, it needs to be charged time to time. Moreover, you can do the cutting work as long as the battery has power, then the jigsaw will be useless until you charge it again.
#3. PORTER CABLE PCE345 Orbital – (best woodworking jigsaw)
• Variable Speed Control with Speed Dial
• Powerful 6.0 Amp Motor
• 4 Orbital Settings for Different Materials
• Lock-On Button for Long Term Use
• Easy and Tool Free Blade Change
PORTER CABLE PCE345 is a very fast jigsaw with a powerful motor. When it comes to cutting speed, you should not compromise with it. This porter cable jigsaw comes with a 6.0 Amp powerful motor which is capable to run the jigsaw blade at the speed of up to 3200 SPM of cutting power.
This jigsaw has a top handle design and the trigger is integrated in the handle. You can start the jigsaw by holding it firmly in hands and then push the trigger to power up the motor. It also has a speed dial in the trigger. The speed dial allows you to control the jigsaw speed required for different woodwork projects.
You can set the speed dial in seven different positions from 1 to 7 as per your requirement. When you set the speed dial at its maximum capability, the jigsaw will run the motor at the speed of 3200 SPM. This high setting is very useful for cutting some hard materials in an efficient way.
It has a key-less blade clamp which provides quick blade change while your cutting work is in progress. You don’t need to use any screw driver or other tool to remove the old blade and attach the new one. This jigsaw also contains 4 orbital settings for cutting different materials with precision.
Pros and Cons of PORTER CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw:
PORTER CABLE PCE345 Orbital Jig Saw comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- It has 4 orbital settings from 0 to 4 numbers. You can use these settings to get best performance in cutting a variety of materials with this jigsaw tool.
- The Porter Cable PCE345 Jigsaw comes with a Lock-On. This lock-on button keeps the jigsaw running even if you don’t hold down the trigger. It is useful for long cutting tasks.
- It has a rubber grip handle for perfect holding and trigger with speed dial to give complete control of the jigsaw in your hands. The rubber grip helps you to perform perfect cutting job every time.
- This Jigsaw has trigger integrated in handle and speed dial in the trigger. You can adjust the speed dial from 1st to 7th position to increase the speed of jigsaw up to 3200 SPM.
- It is a corded jigsaw with 6.0 Amp powerful motor. The motor is engineered to deliver more cutting power as per requirement of different woodwork projects.
- It has a trigger and speed dial in-built with trigger for variable speed control. The trigger itself is not variable, you need to adjust the speed dial to increase or decrease the cutting speed of the jigsaw.
- Some customers complain that the blade does not sit vertically in the saw. As a result, the top portion of blade cuts where you stop and the bottom portion cuts to one more step.
#4. DEWALT Bare Tool – (best cordless jigsaw)
• Variable Speed Control Settings
• Show Bevel with Detents Up to 45 Degree
• 4 Position Orbital Action Control
• Adjustable Dust Blower
• Full 1-Inch Blade Stroke Length
DEWALT Bare Tool DC330B is a versatile jigsaw with high performance motor. This is a cordless jigsaw tool which is operated by an 18-volt battery. So the motor of this jigsaw is powered by its battery. Although this is a cordless jigsaw, it provides the same power and performance like a corded jigsaw.
This jigsaw runs with a speed range from 0 to 3000 strokes per minute. It is capable to cut the straight and curved materials including solid wood, plywood, metal, plastic, nail embedded wood and laminate counter-tops. The jigsaw delivers full 1-inch blade stroke length to cut faster and efficiently.
The DEWALT DC330B Jigsaw contains key-less shoe bevel settings. It allows you to set the cutting angle of blade from 0 degree to 45 degrees based on your requirement for a particular job. It also has a key-less lever action blade clamp which allows you to change the blade of jigsaw without using any tools.
The top handle design is aimed to provide enhanced comfort and control. The handle is wrapped with an anti-slip rubber grip so that you can hold the jigsaw firmly while cutting the woodwork. The Adjustable blower takes care of dust and chips as well as keeps the cut line clear throughout the process.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT Bare Tool DC330B 18-Volt Cordless Jig Saw:
DEWALT Bare Tool DC330B 18-Volt Cordless Jig Saw has some pros and cons as follows:
- It has a 4 position orbital action settings which allows you to control the quality and speed of cutting wood or other materials with help of this cordless jigsaw tool.
- It is a great combination of power and performance. With a powerful motor, this jigsaw is capable to deliver up to 3000 strokes per minute to cut any kind of building material.
- The DEWALT DC330B is one of the best cordless jigsaw tools which is backed by 3 year limited warranty. The warranty covers any defect due to faulty materials or workmanship.
- The all metal key-less shoe level contains detents at 0, 15, 30 and 45 degrees. You can adjust the show level at your desired angle to get perfect cutting results in your projects.
- It is a cordless jigsaw which does not require continuous power cord connection to perform cutting tasks on a variety of materials. This jigsaw is powered by an 18-volt battery.
- The battery and charger are not included with the jigsaw tool. You need to pay additional money to buy them separately. This is a very expensive jigsaw compared to other jigsaw models.
- Some customers complain that they cannot perform a continuous cutting task, because the blade often flies out while the wood cutting process is going on.
#5. Bosch Power Tools JS470E Corded Top Handle Jigsaw
• 4 Orbital Action Tool Settings
• Provide Smooth to Aggressive Cuts
• Variable Speed Dial for Control
• Tool Less Blade Change System
• 7.0 Amp Motor with More Power
Bosch Power Tools JS470E is a high performance jigsaw with a 7.0 Amp motor. In addition, it also provides variable speed control with its speed dial option. While using the jigsaw for cutting various materials, you can adjust the speed range from 500 to 3100 SPM based on your need.
It is a corded jigsaw with a 10 feet long power cord. It requires continuous power supply to function and cut the woodwork or other material. There are four orbital action levels which provide different blade strokes to deal with smooth to aggressive and the toughest cutting tasks.
The Bosch Power Tools JS470E Jigsaw is top amp rated with a powerful motor. It also has an internal precision machined plunging system and low vibration design. This design enhances the accuracy of jigsaw and provides smooth cutting operation on a variety of building materials.
The variable speed dial is useful to take the jigsaw from low to its maximum speed. On the other hand, the accelerator trigger keeps the operating speed in control for consistently precise cuts. The lock-on button keeps the jigsaw device running even after you leave the acceleration trigger.
Pros and Cons of Bosch Power Tools JS470E Corded Top Handle Jigsaw:
Bosch Power Tools JS470E Corded Top Handle Jigsaw has a few pros and cons as given below:
- The Bosch Power Tools JS470E Corded Jigsaw comes with four orbital action tool settings. It allows you to set different blade strokes as per requirement of different cutting jobs.
- The soft grip top handle offers a steady holding and reduced fatigue when you hold the jigsaw for longer period. It also contains a Footplate to provide stable and precise cuts every time.
- The variable speed trigger is useful for accurate speed regulation and the variable speed dial provides absolute speed control plus accuracy in various cutting jobs.
- It has a very powerful 7.0 Amp motor and variable speed control settings. It allows you to set the jigsaw speed range from 500 SPM to maximum 3100 SPM for higher cutting efficiency.
- It has a Dust Blower Lever which is useful to eliminate dust and chips while you are working on large wood cutting projects.
- The blade ejection lever saves your hands from hot saw blade. You just need to touch the ejection lever and the blade will be removed from the jigsaw without burning your hands.
- Some customers complain that this jigsaw does not have any LED Indicator Light. Moreover, it also doesn’t have the laser light to guide for straight wood cutting action.
- The customers also complain that the blade is set at about a 4 degree angle to the base. This angle makes the straight edge worthless and they need to adjust the saw frequently to keep it in line.
#6. TACKLIFE Advanced 6.7 Amp Variable Speed Jigsaw
• 6 Position Variable Speed Control
• 6.7 Amp Pure Copper Motor
• 4 Position Customized Orbital Settings
• Up to 45 Degree Bevel Cutting Option
• Switch Lock and LED + Laser Lights
TACKLIFE PJS02A is a multi-functional jigsaw for cutting a variety of materials. This jigsaw six different kinds of saw blades. You can use these blades for thin metal, curve cut, cork wood quick cut, hard wood clean cut and plunge cut as applicable based on the type of material you have for cutting.
The LED light is added on front of the jigsaw device. This light provides enough visibility while you are cutting the materials in dark or at night. This jigsaw also contains a built-in laser light which provides guidance in cutting process. It is very helpful for you to stay in line while cutting the woodwork.
The 6.7 Amp Motor is powerful enough to generate up to 3000 strokes per minute. It also has a 6 position variable speed to let you control the jigsaw speed while cutting wood. The orbital settings allow you to adjust the cutting motion as suitable for different types of cuts and materials.
The dust blower in jigsaw is useful for cleaning the sawdust and chips from nearby area. You just need to push the blow button and it will start working. You can also connect the dust port to your vacuum cleaner to remove all dusts and make your working area neat and clean.
Pros and Cons of TACKLIFE PJS02A Advanced 6.7 Amp Variable Speed Jigsaw:
TACKLIFE PJS02A Advanced 6.7 Amp Variable Speed Jigsaw has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- It has a 6.7 Amp Pure Copper Motor that is capable to generate highest cutting power of up to 3000 strokes per minute to cut any kind of tough material with hard surface.
- The TACKLIFE PJS02A Jigsaw has an adjustable aluminum footplate that allows you to make bevels up to 45 degrees in both the right and left directions for versatile cutting jobs.
- The Orbital Action Settings allow you to customize the cutting motion to fit different cut types and materials. Select higher setting for soft material & fast cutting and low setting for hard material & precise cutting.
- The 6-Position Variable Speed allows you to set perfect speed control for different materials and cutting requirements. You can use this jigsaw to cut plastic, steel plate, stainless steel, aluminum and wood.
- It has a Switch Lock Design, you need to press the lock button on handle when the trigger is on to keep the jigsaw working without holding down its trigger for a long cutting task.
- Some customers complain that the blades often pop out from the jigsaw while they are working on continuous cutting projects.
- The customers claim that the base of the jigsaw gets easily scratched. As a result, the base also scratches the surface of the material you are going to cut with it.
#7. Bosch JS470EB Variable Speed Barrel-Grip Jig Saw
• Upfront Soft Grip Handle
• Precision Machined Plunging System
• Best-In-Class 7.0 Amp Motor
• Secure T-Shank Clamping System
• Large Die-Cast Aluminum Footplate
Bosch JS470EB is a unique jigsaw device with constant response circuitry. This barrel-grip jigsaw offers great performance with soft start launch, smooth operation, consistent velocity under load and overload protection. So, this jigsaw is powerful yet a secure tool for doing all kinds of cutting jobs.
The variable speed dial on the jigsaw is useful for controlling its operating speed. This jigsaw has an aluminum gearbox and an insulated cover. The large die-cast aluminum footplate at the bottom to provide stable and precise cuts on soft as well as tough materials.
The Bosch JS470EB Jigsaw comes with a tool-less blade ejection function. This jigsaw is compatible with T-Shank blades. The firm grip in blade clamp keeps holding the blade so that you can use the jigsaw and cut your desired building materials without any interruption.
This jigsaw has one of the most powerful motors i.e. 7.0 Amp motor. This motor provides enough power and professional level cutting accuracy. It delivers no-load SPM ranges from 500 to maximum 3100 strokes per minute with a stroke length of 1-inch to make the cutting process faster.
Pros and Cons of Bosch JS470EB Variable Speed Barrel-Grip Jig Saw:
Bosch JS470EB Variable Speed Barrel-Grip Jig Saw has a few pros and cons as given below:
- This jigsaw has a constant response circuitry to deliver the benefits of soft start launch, smooth operation, consistent velocity under load and overload protection.
- The Bosch JS470EB Jigsaw comes with a counterbalancing mechanism for low vibration while you are cutting solid wood or other tough material with hard surface.
- It has a variable speed dial that allows you to control the operating speed of the jigsaw. You can adjust the jigsaw speed in between 500 and 3100 SPM for your woodwork project.
- At the bottom, this Bosch Jigsaw has a large die-cast aluminum footplate that includes a steel insert and on-board bevel wrench for bevel cuts up to 45 degrees.
- This Jigsaw has a dust blower that keeps the dust away from the front of the device. The dust blower is very useful to keep the cutting line clearly visible for better accuracy.
- Some customers complain that this jigsaw is suitable for people with big hands. Moreover, the jigsaw is a bit heavy in weight, so it is tough to handle during long cutting tasks.
- This Jigsaw does not contain any LED Light. The LED Light is useful to get proper visibility at the time of cutting the woodwork material in dark area of the workshop.
#8. SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw
• 4 Position Orbital Cutting Settings
• Powerful and Efficient 6.0 Amp Motor
• Custom Molded Tool Rest Design
• Unique Stable Foot Design
• Up to 45 Degree Bevel Capacity
SKIL 4495-02 is an efficient jigsaw device for cutting a variety of materials. It comes with a powerful 6.0 Amp motor that has more power to cut all kinds of wood from smooth to aggressive with great precision. You can use this best jigsaw for the money to cut your desired wood, metal or any other material.
This jigsaw is engineered to provide smooth and easy cuts with its 13/16-inch stroke length. The stroke length is below 1-inch, but it is powerful enough to provide optimal cutting performance. In order to keep your cutting line straight, this jigsaw contains an laser light function.
The SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw provides four position orbital cut control settings. This function allows you to set the orbital settings so that you can always have fast and smooth cuts. You can adjust the cutting motion before you start the work and get your desired results like a professional.
It has a convenient storage for blades which is very useful. When you are going out for a wood cutting work, you can store the blades in storage of the jigsaw. Moreover, it has a variable speed trigger which allows you to adjust the jigsaw operating speed as per your project requirement.
Pros and Cons of SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw:
SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- It has a custom molded tool rest design which is helpful to prevent the blade from damaging the target material. It is important to keep the material safe from damage while cutting it the jigsaw.
- Even if this jigsaw has a 6.0 Amp powerful motor, variable speed trigger and orbital control settings, it is available to buy at a very reasonable and affordable price of below $40.
- The SKIL 4495-02 Jigsaw comes with 4 position orbital cut control function which allows you to adjust the cutting motion for your every upcoming cutting task.
- It has a accelerator trigger that is useful to power up the jigsaw and start your wood cutting project. This is a variable speed trigger which you can adjust to set the operating speed of jigsaw.
- It has a key-less blade clamp, so you don’t need to use any tool for changing the blade of the jigsaw. It also has a Laser Light which guides you to cut the wood straight without any mistake.
- Some customers complain that this jigsaw has a tension knob at base. The knob becomes loose while jigsaw is on and then the base moves which makes your cutting angled instead of straight.
- The customers also complain about wobbling of blades while cutting process is going on. As the blade frequently moves, it is very hard to cut any material in straight line.
#9. DEWALT DW331K 6A Top Handle Jig Saw
• Key-Less Lever Action Blade Clamp
• 4 Position Orbital Action Settings
• Counter Balance Mechanism and Rubber Grip
• 6.5 Amp Powerful Motor
• From 500 to 3100 SPM Variable Speed
DEWALT DW331K is a durable metal jigsaw with variable speed control. This jigsaw has a powerful 6.5 Amp motor which has more power to perform cutting jobs on any building material. It also offers variable speed control that allows you to adjust the speed as per your project requirement.
The orbital action settings provide 4 position adjustment to set the cutting motion. You can adjust the orbital action to cut the wood or other material. It also has positive bevel detents to let you set the angles up to 45 degrees to achieve professional-like accurate cutting results.
The DEWALT DW331K Jigsaw has an extra large rubber grip which keeps the vibration lower during the cutting task. The rubber grip also provides comfort when you need to hold the jigsaw for longer time. It has an in-built dust blower that keeps the cut line visible and free from dust or chips.
The acceleration trigger has an integrated speed dial. You can set the variable speed dial from A to F to set the operating speed of the device. This is the best woodworking jigsaw with 6 variable speed options and it can run in range of 500 to maximum 3100 strokes per minute.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT DW331K 6A Top Handle Jig Saw:
DEWALT DW331K 6A Top Handle Jig Saw has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- The DEWALT DW331K Jigsaw is compatible with T-Shank blades which is used by most professionals. These blades help you to have optimal holding power and best cutting results.
- The Variable Speed Dial is integrated in the acceleration trigger of the jigsaw. You can move the dial to adjust the jigsaw operating speed from 500 SPM to 3100 SPM.
- It has key-less lever action blade clamp to let you change the blade of jigsaw without using any tool. This clamp system also increases the durability of the jigsaw for long term usage.
- The non-marring plastic shoe cover protects the soft or glossy materials from scratches. The counter balance mechanism reduces vibration to provide a firm and comfortable holding.
- It provides 4 position orbital action settings which allow you to control the motion of cutting.
- The 6.5 Amp Motor is capable to deliver required cutting power for smooth, aggressive and hard materials.
- Some customers complain that after several uses, the blade flies out in the middle of the cutting task. It is irritating when your woodwork cutting process is interrupted.
- Some customers claim that the pivoting shoe of this jigsaw often goes out of place even though they have turned on the “shoe lock” in this jigsaw.
#10. Makita 4329K Top Handle Jig Saw
• Variable Speed Control Dial
• 3.9 Amp Powerful Motor
• Counterweight Balancing System
• Die Cast Aluminum Base
• Ergonomically Designed Rubber Grip
Makita 4329K Top Handle Jig Saw is a combination of great power, compact design and ease of use. It comes with three different orbital settings to meet your requirement for different cutting jobs. You can also keep the orbital dial off to cut your desired material in straight line.
The ergonomically designed rubberized grip makes it comfortable for the user to hold the jigsaw for longer period. In addition, the acceleration trigger with variable speed dial is located on the jigsaw handle so that you can firmly hold and operate it easily for all kinds of cutting tasks.
The Die Cast Aluminum Base of this Makita Jigsaw is adjustable for bevel cuts up to 45 degrees in left or right direction as per your project requirement. It has a through-the-body dust port which helps you to do optimal dust management by using your vacuum cleaner or a clear dust cover.
This Jigsaw has a large trigger switch which is easy to operate for everyone. You can also use the “lock-on” button to continuously run the jigsaw even after you have left the trigger. The lock-on function is very useful in long running cutting jobs.
Pros and Cons of Makita 4329K Top Handle Jig Saw:
Makita 4329K Top Handle Jig Saw contains various pros and cons given as under:
- It is a compact design jigsaw with only 8-7/8-inch length and 4.2 pounds weight. It is ideal to use for cabinetry makers, professional woodworkers and specialized residential construction workers.
- The Makita 4329K Jigsaw has a variable speed dial that allows you to control the operating speed of jigsaw from 500 to 3100 strokes per minute to cut a smooth, aggressive or hard material.
- It has 3 orbital action settings that allows you to control the cutting motion. In addition, it can cut in straight line for your regular woodwork project.
- The top handle makes it easy to hold and integrated trigger plus speed dial make it a multi-functional jigsaw. The rubberized grip provides comfort and control for holding the unit.
- In order to provide a solid cutting performance, this jigsaw tool contains a die cast aluminum base which is adjustable up to 45 degree in left or right side and positive stop at 90 degree.
- Some customers complain that the shoe (base plate) is rigid and flat, but it is very hard to get it lined up right before you tighten down the set screw.
- The customers also complain that this jigsaw does not have a tool free blade change option. Moreover, the bracket for holding the jigsaw at 90 degree is weak, so it moves while cutting task is going on.
Who makes the best jigsaw?
There are so many brands that produce a good quality jigsaw for professional woodworkers. When it comes to the best jigsaw maker, we cannot mention only one brand, because we have considered the quality and durability of jigsaw tools made by different brands. As a result, we want to confess that following brands make the best jigsaw in present time.
DEWALT, Bosch, Makita, Black+Decker, Porter Cable and some other brands make the best jigsaw. We don’t intend to claim that the brands, other than listed above, have any quality issue with their jigsaw tools. It is just that we have mentioned the popular jigsaw makers to give an answer to your curiosity.
What is a jigsaw good for?
A Jigsaw is good for cutting a variety of building materials including wood, plywood, steel, plastic, ceramic tile, metal, laminate and some others. You should check your jigsaw user manual and instructions to know if your jigsaw supports all the given materials or not.
The Jigsaw is good for making straight cuts, curved cuts and angled or crossed cuts as well. It offers variable speed control, bevel cutting option, orbital action cut control and other interesting features to make your wood cutting task easier, faster and accurate. If you want to cut longer materials in faster speed then you should use a circular saw in place of a jigsaw.
How thick wood can a jigsaw cut through?
A jigsaw can cut through the wood up to the length of the jigsaw blade below the base. It is dependent on the length of the blade as well as number of teeth in the blade. Your jigsaw much have a powerful motor to deliver required strength for cutting thick wood workpiece.
The type of wood is also an affecting factor in how thick wood a jigsaw can cut through. The jigsaw is capable to cut softwood with double thickness compared to the hardwood material. Generally, an ideal jigsaw tool works best on the softwood with 1-1/2-inch thickness and on hardwood with 3/4-inch thickness.
What is the difference between a jigsaw and an orbital jigsaw?
The Standard Jigsaw and Orbital Jigsaw are two types of jigsaw power tools. Both the standard and orbital jigsaw devices have same appearance still they have a little difference. The orbital jigsaw tool has a function called “orbital action cut control” which is not present in a standard jigsaw.
The basic difference between a jigsaw and an orbital jigsaw is the movement of blade. Here we provide the functioning of standard jigsaw and orbital jigsaw to clarify the key difference between them.
Jigsaw vs Orbital Jigsaw:
A Standard Jigsaw moves its blade only in an up and down motion.
On the other hand, an Orbital Jigsaw moves the blade slightly forward and into the workpiece on the upswing, then it moves the blade slightly backward on the down-stroke. Thereafter, the orbital jigsaw resets its blade for the next cutting stroke.
The cuts performed by an orbital jigsaw are always smoother in comparison of a standard jigsaw tool.
All the information mentioned above about the top 10 best jigsaw tools is true and fair. We have obtained the functions and specification of each jigsaw from their advertisement published by the manufacturer or an authorized seller. If you still have any query regarding the best woodworking jigsaw for day-to-day cutting jobs then you need to visit the Official Amazon Website at Www.Amazon.Com.