Best Belt Sander: Sanding is a necessary work to complete your furniture and other woodwork. Whether you are a professional carpenter or just simple skilled person, you need the best belt sander to perform the sanding work. The sanding will make the surface and edges smooth to give them a perfect finish.
The belt sander is an electronic machine that sands a variety of materials such as wood, steel and others. You can also use the belt sander during floor installation and on a closet. The belt sander changes rough surface into smooth surface to make your woodwork look attractive in your house.
There are various types of belt sanders available for sanding jobs. The belt sander comes with a powerful motor, variable speed control, dust bag and two soft grip handles. You should get the best belt sander machine to sand your woodworking, cabinetry, wood panels and other stuff.
When you want a belt sander, you should select the best-in-class sander for yourself. Here we are going to discuss about the best belt sanders with innovative technology and well crafted design. You should read this article thoroughly to find your desired belt sander at a reasonable price.
10 Best Belt Sander List
Most belt sanders are made for sanding the wood material only. But there are some other belt sanders which are suitable for sanding wood, steel and other surfaces. Recently, we have conducted a research to find the best belt sander for day-to-day use at home or workshop.
We have considered the necessary features of belt sander along with their size and weight. At the end of our research program, we have got the list of best-in-class belt sanders for you. Kindly check the below table to see 10 best belt sanders with variable speed control.
|Best Belt Sander Picture||Best Belt Sander Name||
Variable Speed Control Range
(Feet/Rate Per Minute)
Price Details and
Buy Now Link
|01||WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander||Up to 1900 Feet||Check Price|
|02||TACKLIFE PSFS1A Belt Sander||From 450 to 750 RPM||Check Price|
|03||Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander||Not Mentioned||Check Price|
|04||Makita 9403 Belt Sander||Up to 1640 Feet||Check Price|
|05||WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander||Up to 820 Feet||Check Price|
|06||Makita 9903 Belt Sander||From 690 to 1440 Feet||Check Price|
|07||Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander||From 820 to 1475 Feet||Check Price|
|08||Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander||From 850 to 1300 Feet||Check Price|
|09||Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander||From 390 to 1180 Feet||Check Price|
|10||Makita 9404 Belt Sander||From 690 to 1440 Feet||Check Price|
Types of Belt Sander
The belt sander is available in two common types i.e. Handheld Belt Sander and Fixed Stationary Belt Sander.
01. Handheld Belt Sander
The handheld belt sander is very useful for everyone who want to sand the wood and lumber. It is easy to use and you can carry it anywhere you go. The 10 best belt sanders described here are all handheld models. This type of belt sander offers great convenience and comfort to the operator to perform sanding work for hours and even in the hard to reach area or tight corners.
02. Fixed Stationary Belt Sander
The stationary belt sander is fixed on its stand or table, so you cannot hold it hand and move around the house. You need to bring the wood or other material on stand for sanding purpose. This type of belt sander works faster in sanding wood and metal to give then better finish. The stationary belt sanders are more expensive than handheld belt sanders.
Belt Sander Reviews
We are going to discuss all the above belt sanders reviews in detail. You can check the features and advantages of each belt sander to find your desired belt sander machine.
#1. WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander
• Two-in-One Sanding Machine
• Powerful 4.5 Amp Motor
• Includes 4 by 36 Inch Belt
• Belt Tilts from 0 to 90 Degrees
• 2.5 Inch Dust Collection Port
WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander is a versatile and reliable sander. It can easily sand, smooth and remove all the jagged edges and splinters from the wood and lumber. It has tension release lever that allows to make simple changes between the sandpaper grits.
The heavy duty cast iron base is helpful to prevent wobbling and walking when you are sanding. This strong base keeps the belt sander on place and allows you to do sanding work perfectly. The 4.3 Amp 1/2 HP motor prevents this belt sander from bogging down under a large load.
WEN 6202T is a two-in-one sanding machine that includes both the 4 by 36 inch belt and 6 by 6 inch disc. The belt of this sander is adjustable from a horizontal to vertical position. You can tilt the belt anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees as per the requirement of your project.
The sanding disc is accompanied by a support table. This table is equipped with a 0 to 45° beveling capabilities and a removable miter gauge. This belt disc sander has a 2.5 inch dust collection port, so you can attach your dust collector to it to reduce the spreading of saw dust and debris in your workshop.
Pros and Cons of WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander:
WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- It has a heavy duty cast iron base which is sturdy enough to prevent wobbling and walking so that the belt sander can stay in place while you are sanding the wood or lumber.
- The WEN 6502T Belt and Disc Sander has adjustable belt that tilts from horizontal to vertical position or anywhere in between as per your project requirement.
- It has a 2.5 Inch Dust Collection Port. You can attach your favorite dust collector (box) to this belt disc sander. It will help to keep your workshop clean and free from saw dust and debris.
- The 4.3 Amp 1/2 HP Motor is very powerful. It prevents this best belt sander from bogging down under a large load. So you can perform perfect sanding irrespective of the load weight.
- The belt of this sander tilts anywhere from 0 to 90 degrees to accommodate the size of a particular workpiece. The iron base prevents vibrations while the sanding task is going on.
- Some customers complain that this belt and disc sander works perfectly, but it stops working after a few hours or several uses without any specific problem.
- Some customers also complain about the over heating and bogging down of the belt sander. The over heating may happen because of continuous use of belt sander for longer period.
#2. TACKLIFE PSFS1A Belt Sander
• Two-in-One Bench and Belt Sander
• 5.0 Amp Powerful Motor
• High Performance Dust Collection System
• Variable Speed with Six Dials
• 13 Piece Extra Sanding Belt
TACKLIFE PSFS1A Belt Sander is a two-in-one equipment that works as a belt sander and a bench sander. It comes with 13 pieces of sanding belts including 7 pieces of 80 grits and 6 pieces of 120 grits. It is powered by a 5.0 Amp motor to handle all types of normal and tough sanding work.
With 13 piece of sanding belts, this machine meets all your requirements for different projects. You should use the metal clamping lever to change the sanding belt quickly and easily. The 5.0 Amp motor provides great power on the sanding surface to give perfection to your work.
This belt sander contains two screw clamps which are helpful to make it work as a sand platform when it’s flipped over. So you will enjoy the benefit of sanding of small parts and perform the desired function to get your expected smoothness in the wood. The lock-on button will be helpful to keep your hands free as well as provide more convenience and flexibility.
The Tacklife PSFS1A Belt Sander offers variable speed to match the ideal speed requirement for your sanding work. You can adjust the speed of this belt sander by moving its knob with six dials. It allows you to set the belt sander speed from 0 to 560 rpm as per your need for the work.
Pros and Cons of TACKLIFE PSFS1A Belt Sander:
TACKLIFE PSFS1A Belt Sander comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- The Takelife PSFS1A Belt Sander has a removable dust collection box that makes the dust cleaning task easier for you. You can easily install and remove the box as per your needs.
- It has two vacuum adapters i.e. 32 mm and 35 mm adapters to help you to connect your vacuum cleaner for perfect cleaning of dust after the sanding work is over.
- This belt sander has a 5.0 Amp motor that provides full power on the sanding surface to deliver efficient removal and high quality finish to the wood or lumber.
- When you face the issue of belt slipping, you should adjust the screw at the bottom to a proper position. It will fix the problem and then the belt will run in track.
- It has 6 pieces of 120 grit and 7 pieces of 80 grit aluminum oxide sanding belts. It saves your money as well as meets your requirements for different sanding projects.
- Some customers complain that the sandpaper keeps rubbing against the plastic even if they have manually adjusted the screw for proper sanding.
- Some customers complain that this belt sander is not so durable. It works for a few months and then stops or malfunctions. The belt often comes off while sanding is going on.
#3. Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander
• Innovative Front Roller
• Retractable, Three Position Handle
• Medium Grit Sanding Belt
• High Performance 7.0 Amp Motor
• Angled Belt Design for Flexibility
Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander is designed to provide great sanding work. It is a lightweight and compact belt sander that allows you to access any hard to reach areas. As a result, you can easily sand and smooth at close to the edge of adjoining surfaces.
It is a complete package of sander, medium grip sanding belt and dust bag. The innovative front roller is engineered to reach easily to the tightest corners of your wood or other workpiece. Because of the effective front roller, you don’t need to perform flush sanding in the corners.
With 7 Amp high performance motor, the Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander provides perfect sanding work. It has a retractable hood that exposes the top of the sanding belt to enhance its versatility. So you can use this belt sander for a variety of sanding job works.
Some people face problem in sanding vertical surfaces, but this belt sander has solved it. It comes with a flush body design to allow you for sanding against the vertical surfaces. The low profile design provides extended reaching to provide more flexibility and ease of using the belt sander.
Pros and Cons of Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander:
Black & Decker DS321 Dragster Belt Sander contains various pros and cons given as under:
- It has three position adjustable handle that allows you to do the sanding work comfortably in different angles and orientations as per your project requirement.
- The low profile design offers more flexible sanding with extended reach and the flush body design is helpful while you are sanding against vertical surfaces.
- The Black & Decker DS321 Belt Sander has power of 7.0 Amp motor to provide maximum performance to tackle various types of sanding projects.
- This belt sander includes one dust bag which is attached to the machine. The bag will collect all the saw dust and your work area will remain cleaner.
- The angled belt design is capable to sand 3 timers closer to the edge of the adjoining surfaces. The retractable hood exposes the sanding belt so that you can easily reach the tight spaces.
- Even if this belt sander comes with 7.0 Amp Powerful Motor, some customers claim that it does not have enough power for sanding tough surfaces.
- This belt sander works great and provides enhanced flexibility, but it does not have the function of variable speed control. So you cannot control the rpm (speed) of the unit while sanding different surfaces.
#4. Makita 9403 Belt Sander
• Quietest Belt Sander in Its Class
• Motor Sealed by Labyrinth Construction
• 360 Degree Swiveling Dust Bag
• 4-Inch Wide Belt and Large Front Grip
• Powerful and Efficient 11 Amp Motor
Makita 9403 Belt Sander is one of the highly efficient belt sanders compared to others. It comes with the most powerful 11 Amp motor to provide enough power for all kinds of sanding works. In addition, it has variable speed control that allows you to maintain speed as required for a specific sanding job.
The low noise level makes this best Makita belt sander perfect for most professional operators. This belt sander is a unique combination of power, speed and quietness. It comes with a 4-inch wide sanding belt and a speed of 1640 feet per minute to remove the excess material faster than ever.
The Makita 9403 is an ideal belt sander for woodworkers, carpenters, furniture makers, deck builders, floor installers and general contractors. It is the best in class belt sander made of sturdy and durable material. The company offers 30 day satisfaction guarantee and one year warranty on it.
The 11 Amp motor of this belt sander is sealed with durable labyrinth construction. It also keeps the motor safe from bearings of contamination. The large front grip provides convenience to use the sander and low noise level makes it comfortable to do sanding work for hours.
Pros and Cons of Makita 9403 Belt Sander:
Makita 9403 Belt Sander has a few pros and cons as given below:
- This belt sander has an innovative design for sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander. The labyrinth construction seals & protects the motor and bearings from contamination.
- The combination of power, speed and low noise make it the best belt sander among all and ideal to use for professional woodworkers, furniture makers, carpenters and deck builders.
- The Makita 9403 Belt Sander comes with 11 Amp powerful motor and electronic speed control function. It allows you to maintain constant sanding speed under load.
- In order to provide fast stock removal and smooth wood surface, it sands with a 4 inch wide belt at a speed of 1640 feet per minute.
- The Dust Bag swivels in 360 degrees to let you use the belt sander in a convenient way. The large front grip and 84 dB low noise make it comfortable for the operator to use it for longer time.
- Some customers complain that this belt sander becomes extremely hot when they use for a few minutes.
- The customers have also complained that this belt sander leaves some portion or grooves after sanding the surface. So it requires one more sanding cycle for complete smoothing.
#5. WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander
• Easy to Change Sanding Belt
• Powerful 7.0 Amp Motor
• Extended Front Roller and Ergonomic Handle
• Lock-On Trigger Switch
• Detachable, Spacious Dust Bag
WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander is a heavy duty belt sander to refinish your wood. When you are sanding wood with this belt sander, it prevents jagged splinters, strips paint and finishes the edges with ease. It weights around 6 pounds only which limits the exhaustion of the user while operating the belt sander for longer period.
The powerful 7.0 Amp motor rotates the sanding belt at a rate of 820 feet per minute which helps for fast and easy material removal. The front roller extends past the top edge of the housing to allow the belt to reach the tightest of corners and sand them efficiently to give proper finish.
The lock-on trigger switch is useful when you are doing a long sanding work. You need to push the belt sander button and turn on the lock-on trigger. Thereafter, the unit will remain on continuously even if you do not hold down its buttons.
The orange color latch on side down is helpful for easy change of grits and quick replacement of belts. The sturdy front handle allows you to hold the belt sander properly and do your sanding work with accuracy. You should turn the tracking adjustment knob to keep the belt sander run straight.
Pros and Cons of WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander:
WEN 6321 Corded Belt Sander has several pros and cons as mentioned below:
- It has a Quick Release Latch that allows you to change & adjust the grits easily, replace the sanding belts and swap sand papers as per your requirement.
- The front roller sticks out past the body of the sander to help you reach the corners, edges and other confined spaces for sanding and making them smooth.
- The WEN 6321 Belt Sander has a 7 Amp Motor which is so powerful that it is capable to rotate the sanding belt at a rate of 820 feet per minute for fast material removal.
- One detachable dust bag is included with this belt sander. This bag collects all the offshoots, sanding filaments and sawdust of your workpiece. It keeps your workshop free from sanding dust.
- It has Lock On Trigger Switch, you should use this switch to keep the belt sander on without holding down its buttons. This function is very useful for longer sanding task.
- Some customers complain that the edges of sanding belt are chewed up by this belt sander. Therefore it requires to change the belts frequently.
- Some customers complain that this belt sander emits electrical discharge on the handle, so the user may experience mild shocks when the unit is running.
#6. Makita 9903 Belt Sander
• Variable Speed Control Dial
• Powerful 8.8 Amp Motor
• Double Insulated Belt Sander
• Dust Bag for Cleaner Environment
• 16.4 Feet Long Power Cord
Makita 9903 is a perfect belt sander for working on wood and give it best finish. The Makita company has combined powerful motor and speed control function to make this belt sander. It is capable to quickly remove the material with less noise.
In our collection of best belt sanders for woodwork, Makita 9903 comes on 2nd number in terms of being quiet. When you run the belt sander for longer time, you will find its noise irritating and unbearable. But this belt sander is very quiet, its maximum noise level is 85 dB only.
This Makita Belt Sander comes with variable speed control. It allows you to control the speed of belt sander from 690 feet per minute to 1440 feet per minute. You should use its speed control dial to match the sander speed with requirement for sanding the wood material.
It has an 8.8 Amp powerful motor and a long 16.4 feet power cord. This belt sander is capable to sand wood as well as metal, it removes paint and rust during the sanding process. Its innovative design provides sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander.
Pros and Cons of Makita 9903 Belt Sander:
Makita 9903 Belt Sander comes with many pros and cons mentioned as follows:
- It has Auto Tracking Belt System that tracks the belt and keep it straight for proper sanding performance. There is no need to manually adjust the belt to keep it in track.
- It has 8.8 Amp Powerful Motor and Variable Speed Control to maintain constant speed under load. The speed control dial allows you to adjust sanding speed from 690 to 1440 feet per minute.
- The Makita 9903 Belt Sander comes with a large front grip to let you hold it properly while sanding. Furthermore, the 16.4 feet long power cord makes it easy to use even if you are far from the power socket.
- It is a double insulated belt sander with innovative design which is suitable for sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander.
- It is one of the quietest belt sanders that makes noise at only 85 decibels, so you will enjoy the sanding work for hours without any irritating noise.
- This belt sander has powerful motor as well as electronic speed control function, but it is quite expensive in comparison of other belt sanders in market.
- This is an expensive and best quality belt sander, still it provides only one year warranty which is less with such a high price tag.
#7. Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander
• Wear Resistant V Belt Drives
• Removable Dust Collection Bag
• 9.0 Amp Motor and Variable Speed Control
• Soft Elastomer Grip Surface
• Backed by Five Year Warranty
Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander is a powerful machine for sanding wood and steel materials. This belt sander is also useful for removing paints. The standard sander belts have a certain usage life, but Hitachi has provided a wear resistant V belt that lasts two more years than the standard belt.
There are two handles for the belt sander operator. When you are sanding wood or steel, you should hold this best sander machine with both hands. Both the main and auxiliary handles have soft elastomer grip surface to give you a secure and comfortable hold and make the sanding work perfect.
The Hitachi Power Tools is renamed as Metabo HPT. So if you find the Metabo HPT SB8V2 Belt Sander, it is the same belt sander, only name is changed. It has a 9.0 Amp motor with 1020 watt power that produces forcible power for handling the toughest sanding works.
The variable speed control allows you to adjust the sanding speed from 820 to 1475 feet per minute. You should set your desired speed at the beginning of sanding task and then adjust it according to the requirement of that particular sanding project.
Pros and Cons of Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander:
Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander has some pros and cons as follows:
- It has 9.0 Amp Powerful Motor that makes the toughest sanding work possible with its force. It also has a trigger lock, so you don’t need to hold the buttons for continuous sanding work.
- The left side mounted dust collection bag improves corner sanding applications. The attached dust bag also reduces the airborne particles to keep your workshop clean.
- The Hitachi SB8V2 Belt Sander includes wear resistant V belts. These belts can drive the sander two times longer than the standard belt sanders.
- The Hitachi Power Tools provides Five Year Warranty from the date of purchase of this belt sander against any defect found in materials and workmanship.
- The Variable Speed Control Dial is helpful for adjusting the sanding speed from 820 feet per minute to maximum 1475 feet per minute as required for the sanding application.
- This belt sander works great in sanding the wood and steel, but some customers complain that the dust bag is a bit small and the power cord is not long enough.
- This belt sander machine weighs around 9.5 pounds which is relatively heavier than the 6-7 pounds belt sanders.
#8. Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander
• One Main and One Auxiliary Handle
• Designed for Flush Sanding Task
• 8.0 Amp Powerful Motor
• Fingertip Belt Tracking Knob
• Belt and Gear Drive System
Porter Cable 352VS is a very sturdy belt sander with all metal construction. The metal housing does not damage easily which makes it durable. It is a 3-inch by 21-inch belt sander that is ideal for sanding the woodworking, cabinet making, home improvement and remodeling projects.
This best metal belt sander gives you solid feel and performs great sanding jobs. The metal housing keeps the sanding belts centered, so you don’t need to adjust them frequently. The belt sander remains rigid even during heavy use, the metal will dissolve the heat and keep the belts cool for longer time.
The unit is designed for flush sanding up to vertical surfaces on the open wheel side. An extra large dust bag is also added to the Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander. You can swivel the dust bag on all sides in 360 degrees for adjusting the belt sander and enter or exit the tight quarter areas.
The variable speed dial allows the operator to customize the belt speed for respective sanding job. This belt sander provides speed variations in between 850 feet per minute to 1300 feet per minute. The 8.0 Amp motor makes the sanding work fast and powerful for heavy stock removal.
Pros and Cons of Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander:
Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander contains various pros and cons given as under:
- It has 8.0 Amp powerful motor that is useful for heavy stock removal. The variable speed control option provides sanding speed range from 850 feet to 1300 feet per minute.
- The Porter Cable 352VS Belt Sander is made of all metal housing to provide a solid feel to the operator. The metal construction increases durability of the belt sander.
- Some belt sanders have problem with placement of belts, but this one is not in that category. Its all metal housing keeps the belts centered to make your sanding task easier.
- One Cloth Dust Bag is included with the belt sander. The dust bag knob is on the top of the machine, you can swivel the knob in 360 degrees while sanding tight corners of your wood.
- The Porter Cable’s Gear System meshes more accurately to the sander’s serpentine drive belt. As a result, it makes relatively less noise than a common cog system.
- Some customers complain that they cannot buy the shop vac attachment for this belt sander. Furthermore, that attachment is also not available with Porter Cable.
- Some customers complain about the dust collection bag included with this belt sander. The dust spews out from the stitches of bag and it becomes useless when the zipper jams.
#9. Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander
• 8.0 Amp Motor and Variable Speed Control
• Long 6.5 Feet Power Cord
• Auto Tracking Belt System
• Engineered for Woodworking and Cabinetry
• Includes Dust Collection Bag
Genesis GBS321A is a versatile belt sander with low profile design. It has one 8.0 Amp motor that powers up the belt sander for efficient material removal. You can use this sanding machine to make quick work of small projects that need aggressive sanding.
In addition to the power of 8.0 Amp motor, it also offers electronic speed control function. There is a variable speed dial for the operator to control the sanding speed as per requirement of the project. You can adjust the speed from 390 feet to 1180 feet per minute.
The Auto Tracking System makes the Genesis GBS321A different from other belt sanders. This system is helpful to keep the belt on track while you are sanding the wood or other surface. It also has an adjustable front grip handle that allows you to hold the unit comfortably.
This belt sander is engineered for woodworking and cabinetry. It is perfect for sanding wood panels, furniture, closets and other stuff. It has low profile design that provides proper balance and allows you to get into the tight spaces and corners.
Pros and Cons of Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander:
Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander has a few pros and cons as given below:
- The Genesis GBS321A Belt Sander includes a highly efficient dust collection bag that reduces dust in your work area. The 6.5 feet long power cord provides ease of use on larger sanding projects.
- It has a low profile design that provides incredible balance so that you can easily perform sanding work in the tight spots and corners.
- The combination of 8.0 Amp Motor and Variable Speed Control offer constant speed under load. It allows you to adjust the sanding speed from 390 feet to 1180 feet per minute.
- The ease of use and less noise make this belt sander perfect and very useful for woodworkers, carpenters, furniture makers, floor installers, deck builders and general contractors.
- It has Auto Tracking Belt System that tracks the belt without any manual adjustment. Its adjustable front grip handle lets you comfortably hold and use the belt sander.
- Some customers complain that this belt sander is made of plastic which is not so durable. When this machine is used under pressure, it made a weird grinding noise.
- The customers also complain about the adapter of the dust collection bag. They claim that the adapter is not stitched properly and therefore the dust bag falls apart frequently.
#10. Makita 9404 Belt Sander
• Unique Design for Flush Sanding
• Auto Tracking Belt System
• 4-by-24 Inch Belt Sander
• Double Insulated Construction
• Variable Speed Control and Low Noise
Makita 9404 is a belt sander designed for flush wall sanding and other works. The Makita has engineered this belt sander with 8.8 Amp powerful motor and electronic speed control features. It is ideal to use for sanding woodworking, wood panels, cabinetry, furniture and closets.
This is one of the quietest belt sanders among all competitors. The maximum noise level of this best Makita belt sander is only 84 decibels. When the belt sander does not make much noise, it is comfortable for the operator the do sanding work for hours without taking any break.
The motor has electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load. In addition, the variable speed dial allows you to match the speed as required for the sanding application. You can adjust the dial to set the sanding speed in between 690 feet to 1440 feet per minute.
The Makita 9404 Belt Sander has a low profile design that provides better balance in sanding. It also has an extended base that allows you for sanding flush to wall with nose and side of sander. The auto tracking system consistently keeps the belt in track while you are sanding the wood.
Pros and Cons of Makita 9404 Belt Sander:
Makita 9404 Belt Sander has some pros and cons as follows:
- It is made with innovative technology and best-in-class engineering which make this belt sander perfect for cabinetry, furniture, woodworking, wood panels and closets.
- It has Auto Tracking Belt System that tracks the belt during sanding process. It keeps the sanding belt on place and prevents it from moving/misplacement.
- The Makita 9404 Belt Sander has 16.4 feet long power cord for user’s convenience to perform sanding work on large workpiece which is far from the power socket.
- The 8.8 Amp Powerful Motor with Electronic Speed Control is helpful to maintain constant speed in sanding work under load. A cloth dust bag is also included with this belt sander.
- The Unique Design of the belt sander is suitable for flush sanding to the corner of the wall with nose and side of sander. This quiet belt sander makes very low noise i.e. 84 dB only.
- Some customers complain that this belt sander makes irritating noise and it gets overheated when they do continuous sanding work for longer time.
- This belt sander works at its best, but it does not have “lock-on trigger switch.” This function allows you to keep the sander running without holding down its buttons.
How to Use A Belt Sander
There are many belt sanders available in market. Each belt sander has some unique feature(s), but the operating process similar in all sanders. When you use the belt sander for first time, you should refer its user manual and instructions carefully.
Before we start the process, make sure that the voltage of belt sander matches with your electricity supply. For example: If the belt sander supports 120 Volts then your power supply must be 120 Volts. If it is 220 Volts then you need to use a voltage converter. The incorrect voltage may damage the belt sander, so it is very important to match the voltage.
Here we provide some simple steps which will guide you to operate the belt sander in a correct way.
- Get the belt sander out of the box and attach its belt, dust bag and other stuff. If all of them are already attached then you should plug the power cord in socket.
- Make sure that the woodwork or material is nearby you and ready for sanding.
- Adjust the Variable Speed Dial to set your desired speed in feet per minute or rate per minute as applicable.
- Hold the belt sander in your hands and press the button to turn it on. Do not place the belt sander on wood when it’s off, first you should turn it on and then place it on the wood.
- Make sure that the flat paten is parallel to it when you lower it down on the wood.
- Place the belt sander at the spot from where you want to begin the sanding work. Keep moving straight in the direction to sanding the area come in line.
- If the sanding task is longer, you should use the “Lock-On Trigger Switch” to keep the belt sander on without holding down its buttons.
- When you complete the sanding process on one side, just turn off the belt sander and take it to the other side of wood where you want to sand.
- Turn on the belt sander and set the sanding speed to smooth the wood surface and edges. Perform the sanding process as you have done earlier.
After using the belt sander continuously for several minutes, you should turn it off and remove the dust bag. The dust bag collects the sawdust and debris of woodwork while you are sanding the material. Just remove the dust bag from belt sander and empty it in your dust bin. Thereafter, attach it again with your belt sander and go ahead for your next sanding work project.
Sanding Hardwood Floors with Belt Sander
The belt sanders are designed for sanding variety of materials and surfaces. You can use it for sanding your woodwork, furniture, steel, floor, closet and many more. Most people use the belt sander on wooden materials, but you can also use on the hardwood floors.
The hardwood floor is not like an ordinary wood, it has hard surface that requires hard sanding work. Therefore, you need to apply a bit more pressure on belt sander to get better sanding results. The more pressure you apply, the better results you will get.
When you use the belt sander on hardwood floors, it does not work as fast as the heavy duty floor sanding machines. You need to keep the grain of the wood and move your belt sander in circular motion for proper sanding. You can also move the belt sander in backward-forward or side-by-side as per your convenience.
All the information mentioned above about Top 10 Best Belt Sanders Reviews is true and fair. The features and specification of each belt sander are extracted from their advertisement published by the manufacturer or seller. For further queries regarding best belt sander for wood, steel, metal and other surfaces, you should go to Official Amazon Website at Www.Amazon.Com.